If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Duramax wins!

My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    Sacandaga Lake

MotorTrend doesn't take into affect long term durabilty problems etc.. and they are also looking at new "tech" and most improved from previous year. Don't get me wrong, I think Dodge did a good job with improving the truck, but I have had WAY too many bad experiences with them. Anybody can have a problem with there truck (any brand). But I know that Dodge has had more mechanicle issues then the others (Consumers Magazine will cover this well). This does not mean that yours or the guy down the roads Dodge is junk. One of my friends had great luck with his and bought another. (I just wish I had as much luck with mine or my 5 other friends as well that went back for the lemon law).

Thanks for the English lesson.

Ive seen the Ford comercial where they drag race at a track pulling horse trailers. The Ford beats the Chevy. Now if you have video evidence that the Chevy is faster ????

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    Motor Trend ALSO picked the Renault Alliance as "car of the year" for 1985. My wife came into my marriage with one - good motor, but the entire rest of the car was pure and total sh*t. Total piece of steaming cr*p.

MT has picked more than a few losers in its time.
    I pay ABSOLUTELY no attention to what they choose (although I usually read the CofYr/TofYr issue just to hear their take).

(for the record, I love the new Dodge).
    I see London, I see France...

My Boats:
    Sunsation 288 MCOB
    Quincy, IL
    I'm sure the Yugo got a Motortrend award sometime in its life

Charter Member#203 Charter Member Pete B's Avatar
    My Boats:
    98 Scarab 302 Sport
    Ft.Myers, Fl/ Atlanta, Ga/ Worldwide
    I have owed about 9 trucks overall and they were all chevys/gmc's, the biggest problem i ever had was a chip burned out, caused the park brake light to stay on. other than that all vehicles when sold or traded were in excess of 100,000 miles.
    ill keep my chevys.

My Boats:
    27 warlock
    cambridge, md
    I sure know how to wake up a sleepy board

Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    2002 Cigarette Gladiator (Race)
    Hollywood Md
    The new trailer boats magazine did tests on the ford,chevy,and dodge and the said the ford took truck of the year for them. And yes the ford had the new 6.0 in it.
    Wanted Racing 377

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    Oh Yeah!!! Well my brother has a nissan shop truck that pulls a 28 ft. Apache. Go ahead Ike show 'em the pictures!!!!

Nothing against Motor Trend but they tend to give the awards out to the new vehicles. My Dodge Intrepid was car of the year the first year it was out too. That was the biggest POS I've ever owned. If you like it buy it, if it works for you keep it. If it sucks, run it into a wall and buy something different.

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    I think they all suck...I've owned Dodge/Ford/Chevy and currently own a F350PSD. None of these trucks can even compare to the quality of the Toyota trucks I've owned, unfortunately the Toyota can't pull diddly. Once the foreign manufacturers build a 1 ton truck, I'll be the first in line.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast