Notices

Duramax wins!

Old 01-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duramax wins!

Many of you know im a GM person, after seeing so much info on the new powerstroke 6.0 i just had to find out more. Heres the story.

Last week i sold a good friend of mine duramax diesel. At the same time a good friend of his was looking at the new Ford diesel, so guess what happened. They went to a local Ford dealer and test drove the new diesel 5speed combo and lined them up to see who was faster. This was a true comparison crew cab to crew cab, 250 to 2500, 4wd to 4wd, new to new,stock to stock the only difference between the two was the gm had 285 tires and the ford had 245 tires(advantage ford). They ran both trucks head to head 3 times and each time the results were the same, gm won by 2 to 3 trucks.

Not trying to start a war just giving out a little info. Oh yeah, i almost forgot the guy that test drove the Ford called me about a chevy.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Byron

Now pull a real boat behind the both of them and I know you will report a different story.

Old 01-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Not trying to start a war either, but what exactly does that prove other than drag racing two non- broken-in trucks with no load?

What about suspension, axles, transfer cases, hp and torque curves, towing capability, etc...... things that matter and why people buy them.
Might have well just been running a Mustang against a Camaro.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tie something between the two hitches and have a pull off!!!!!!
This time we want to see some video.

Cordell
Old 01-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thats what i thought would happen.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay, I'm ready...
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2003, 04:31 PM
283CHECK

pick up lastmonths(i think)4x4 offroad. They did the same test but put a payload in them....report was completly different!! Also seen a test with the X and 6.0 it was almost as fast as the toyota 4runner and that is half the size of the X.....

6.0l=a$$hauler!!!

FYI I was a GM guy all my life till I bought a 01 F250 stroke!!

Old 01-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Registered

Niether one of these customers pull anything over 2500lbs. Its that typical ford vs gm war, my truck is faster than yours. If you have'nt noticed they've been battling mustang vs camaro since the 60's.

Cgarrett: I actualy did that once with a powerstroke 7.3 and a duramax crew to crew, long bed to long bed, both 4wd, ford had a 1000lb weight advantage do to the metal plate this guy had in the back of his truck under the bed matt (seems he liked having pull offs) . Neither one would pull the other but the ford did brake the transmission housing resulting in the tranny fluid spraying on the exhaust and catching fire. I dont have any video but i can probably get my hands on the fire department report (they had to put the truck out) and the repair bill.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered

um not to start anything...

but we took a ford with the 7.3 deisal( boss's truck ) and hooked hitch to hitch with the work truck ( gm dually/duramax)...

and the Ford pulled it all the way down the subdivision street
Old 01-15-2003, 04:38 PM
283CHECK

Travis, that i'd like to have seen

You also have to take into account the driver and his/her experience!!

Truck is a truck, I love my 7.3 and will have it chipped in the near future.. But the duramax has the interior of the ford whipped for comfort!!

Quick Reply: Duramax wins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.