Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best place to boat around Denver? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41166-best-place-boat-around-denver.html)

Cutwater 01-15-2003 09:35 PM

Best place to boat around Denver?

Looks like another job transfer, this time to Denver. I really do not know the area at all, are there good places to go boating near by? Looking foward to the snow skiing and snowmobiling for the winter, but boating is what is most important to us.:confused:

tanned fat looks better 01-15-2003 09:37 PM

Lake of the Ozarks :)

sean stinson 01-16-2003 08:27 AM

Closest is Boulder reservoir........there is also some place south of the city. Looked pretty crazy the last time I was there, but that was in 1983.

sean stinson 01-16-2003 08:28 AM

BTW good to see you Cut. I still have the blades you sent me.

Tom 01-16-2003 12:00 PM

there are so many great places around Denver.

Pacific Ocean
Atlantic Ocean
Gulf Coast
LOTO
Havasu
Lake Michigan

That puts Denver right in the middle of everything Offshore.;)

I used to live there. Take up skiing instead.

spitfire1 01-16-2003 12:13 PM

Lake Powell...............

27sedan 01-16-2003 12:30 PM

Denver is experiencing a drought. A friend just told me the reservoirs are way down. I went boating on Horsetooth reservoir when I lived there and it was silly. They have speed limits, and you can only go in a circle. For a good laugh go watch them boat on Cherry Creek reservoir. There are so many boats you have to wait in line for somebody to leave. Lake McConahay is the closest real water, but it's in Nebraska. I sold my boat, bought a 900 Kawasaki and had a blast. Enjoy life high and dry. Denver was fun, but I couldn't stand being without a boat.

chuckbeecher 01-16-2003 01:48 PM

Flying over what about the lake just west of Pueblo and at Granby or Down by Gunnison(Blue Mesa)?? And Lake Powell or down river to Meade!!

Cutwater 01-16-2003 04:12 PM

Thanks guys, looks like a long tow for any water of size.

Good to hear from you too Sean, congratulations on the marrage! Married life is the only way to go for me, 28 years and going strong!

Bmillerjr - bought a Harley wanta-be (Honda Saber) last summer. Been alot of fun, but not the same as the boat.

I've been on some of thoes "crazy resrevoirs" in Southern Calif. Speed limits, one way circles, etc. Just not a lot of fun. On any given weekend, Buena Vista lakes (outside Bakersfield) would look like rush hour on the Hollywood Freeway. Kinda scarey when your skier falls...............

Thanks again

22hammer 01-16-2003 04:38 PM

Denver sucks for boating, I live about 12 miles north of the city. The local lakes (Cherry Creek, Chatfield, Boulder Res.) are very, very small and so busy many times you cant even get on. I have a small 22" Baja and it feels big on the local lakes. We usually go to Wyoming there are some decent lakes there. Your best bet is to make the 8 hour drive to Powell, it' well worth the drive.