Notices

280 Velocity

Old 01-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Speed Velocity

I had a 26' (280) and put some 502 mega blower power behind it, and have seen from 90 mph on the first radar pass to near 100 mph after many different tests. I ran 2 1000 cfm+ carbs with 34 degrees of timing and turned the boat 6300 rpm with a 30 pitch bravo prop and the boat was unbelievable. I have some friends with 280's that have just added more power than mine and I can't wait till the results are in. The boat is fast
Old 01-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

HEY MIKE,I DID RUN THE BOAT IN LAST YEARS CHESAPEAKE POKER RUN AND MAN WAS IT ROUGH,AS YOU KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT RUN IN THAT RUN DOWN SOUTH BECAUSE OF THE WATER CONDITIONS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR,BOBBY POWELL WAS ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT ELECTED TO RUN IN SOMEONE ELSES BOAT AND BEAT UP ON HIS EQUIPMENT.I HOPE THIS YEAR THEY DO RUN UP THE BAY INSTEAD OF DOWN THE BAY BECAUSE THEN SOME OF THE MANY 22 VELOCITYS WILL COME OUT AS WELL AS MANY OF THE OTHER 26/28S ON THE BAY WILL COME OUT AND PLAY.I KNOW JEFF TODD IS ALREADY ASKING WHEN THE RUN WILL TAKE PLACE SO HE CAN BRING DOWN HIS AWSOME 39 FOOTER FROM UPSTATE PA,WHAT A SWEET BOAT THAT IS,ESPECIALLY THE PAINT JOB WITH THE GHOST FLAMES,*****IN,
DO YOU KNOW WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE THE RUN ON THE BAY.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey 1HYPER1 I am not sure when the poker run is but I have heard from sources that Steve wants it to go north. I have also heard that Ken does not work for All Pro anymore and he was the one that put the poker run on. Its hard to say whats going to happen from here. I missed the poker run this year because we had just put a new power head and we thrased all night to get it running but we had an electrical problem that we could not find. Turned out that there was a ground wire off behind the power packs. DOOH I went to the party and talked to Steve for alittle while and looked at some of the boats. Ray was riding in a all white 30ft Velocity with some killer motors. If I still have my boat next summer I might go up to New York with you depending on what the money looks like. We shall see. Keep in touch and you should try to go on some of the CBPBA poker runs this summer.

R Addiction-is the Velocity with twin Merc 2.5's tuquoise if it is I think I have seen the boat.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:39 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It has some turqouise on it. I think I have a picture here somewhere...............Yep here it is!!
Old 01-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah thats the boat I saw it the summer at the Velocity Poker run. Do you have any info on the boat?
Old 01-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I have a friend with a 280 (26') with a blown 540 in it. Ran 102 on the gun at the Shootout at Lake of the Ozarks this past summer. Those Velocities are wicked fast. Usually faster than a similar boat with similar power. And them's the facts!!!!

I also know 3 people who cracked their early model 26 foot Thourobreds. Including my friend with the 102 mph one. He's on his 2nd or 3rd one now.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
THE OUTBOARD POWERED PICTURED ABOVE IS OWNED BY DANA COX IN DELAWARE,THAT BOAT WITH A PAIR OF OLD STYLE 2.5 MERCURY EFI RACE MOTORS RUNS OVER 90 MPH WITH NO
PROBLEM AT ALL,THESE BOATS ARE CRAZY FAST WITH ALL DIFFERENT POWER ON THEM OR IN THEM AND THAT IS A FACT.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:26 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll try to dig up a # for you!
Old 01-19-2003, 12:19 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by wilerty
1hper1:

What prop(type, inches & labbed?) do you run and at what RPM? I think 600HP will get you over 80gps but less than 90gps. My speedo indicates 95mph when the gps says 85mph. Regardless of the exact number ... anything over 80mph in a 26' hull will be fast enough for MOST mortals.

Back to your original question ... My 280 is also for sale and was in the classifieds here until recently for $64,900 for a 2000 with a Whippled 502 without a trailer. I wil be putting it back in the classied section shortly for $60ish with a little haggle room if that helps you.

Good luck

ANYONE LOOKING FOR A NICE ONE THATS TURN KEY SHOULD BE CHECKING THIS ONE OUT!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Waterfoul
I have a friend with a 280 (26') with a blown 540 in it. Ran 102 on the gun at the Shootout at Lake of the Ozarks this past summer. Those Velocities are wicked fast. Usually faster than a similar boat with similar power. And them's the facts!!!!

I also know 3 people who cracked their early model 26 foot Thourobreds. Including my friend with the 102 mph one. He's on his 2nd or 3rd one now.

If they keep breaking apart on him, why does he keep getting new ones? Warranty? I have some pictures around here somewhere of the Linebacker 26 Velocity that split apart. I'll see if I can dig them up. It seems odd. I was in Boca Grande a few weeks ago and fished all over Charlotte Harbor and stayed on Little Gasparilla Island. All day, every day the yellow Mercury test boats flew up and down the ICW. All performance boats were Velocitys. They must be tough to put up with the beating these guys give them everyday.

Mike

Quick Reply: 280 Velocity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.