Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why are dealers dropping Donzi??? >

Why are dealers dropping Donzi???

Notices

Why are dealers dropping Donzi???

Old 01-17-2003, 05:12 PM
surfacetension

Question Donzi Problems??

OK, I already asked what the deal is with the dealers not staying with donzi, and I got some good answers, But now I go over to The Classic Donzi Website , and look under the "Ask Donzi" section and it,s a war zone with all the same type of complaint Poor finish of the paint and grafics and stess cracks and Horrible factory handling of the warrenty work. If you own a Donzi please don,t reply as I am looking for some unbiased opinions of some former owners or people who may wish they were former owners, We are in the market and have liked Donzi but all this has me a littla "Backed Off" thier boats

Old 01-17-2003, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will get some "valid input" by asking for only those who were dissatisfied with a certain product for their opinion. When considering any purchase you should always only talk to the disatisfied customers.

P.S. I LOVE my Donzi, it goes 80gps with a Livorsi supercharger and I have had zero (read 0) problems with it.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

26ZX, forgive me if i don't understand your logic."When considering any purchase you should only talk to the disatisfied owners".Following this reasoning if you're looking at a product that has 1000 satisfied owners and 5 disatisfied owners then you talk to those 5, ignore the other 1000, and don't buy the product?
Old 01-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Registered

It will save you a lot of money 7 you will never buy anything if you only talk to the unhappy.

I do not know much about Donzi's but I have owned motor homes for the last 25 years. I usally go for the ones that cost a little more & have some of the finer thing in them. When I go to sell one I show the people looking at what they are paying for, most say it is to much money but after I got them looking for details they tend to come back & buy it after they are better educated & learned what to look for. My guess is some of the Donzi dealers do not know or go to the trouble to show customer were the differences are. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Registered

I think maybe 26zx is having trouble getting sarcasm into words. At least I hope so.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:26 AM
jb
Registered

to consider a boat less than 3 years old and the two choices are Donzi and Baja... to choose a Baja must be strictly a monetary decision
Old 01-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
HUH? Why wouldn't anyone want to hear both sides of the story?
I think he was just jokeing
Old 01-18-2003, 07:09 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Sorry,26ZX,I get it now . Sometimes I'm a little slow
Old 01-18-2003, 07:42 AM
surfacetension

OK,OK What I wanted to avoid was all of the bashing and people defending type of thing that seems to go on with people defending their brand, let,s hear both sides. JEZZZZZZ this is a tough group LOL " THE quest continues"

Old 01-18-2003, 07:52 AM

Default 90% of the dealers don't know how to sell Performance

I am on my 3rd DONZI. Both dealers that I purchased my DONZIS from had know Idea what they were talking about, They would give false information about the boats and base there sales on what the brochure had in it! At one of the boat shows last year I helped the the dealership with a few sales, actually we had our own NJPPC display and my boat was there, the dealership sent people down to talk to me! I new more about the boats then they did.
Now I am selling the boats full time and loving every minute of it!
(The nice part is I know what I am talking about)
Performance is in my blood... Actually everyone at Typhoon Performance Marine is a performance boater
We just don't sell you the boat, we take you out and show you how to operate the boat, so you can get the most out of your new Performance boats. (We don't just hand you the keys)
www.typhoonperformancemarine.com

Quick Reply: Why are dealers dropping Donzi???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.