Notices

Amt cats any good?

Old 01-18-2003, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ask about a cat a while ago, then you might want a center console(i think i remember you saying that) and now a cat again...... i know, just get both and hell keep your bad ass velocity too!

Here's a nice AMT at TNT. Could have a sweet 110mph boat for way under 100K, if outboard's are your thing.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval
Old 01-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

Are they only rigged with outboards?
Old 01-18-2003, 01:21 PM
mmo jo

That I dont know. Or can you get them with 1/4 canapies

Old 01-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Gee they went all out on that web site.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

The inboard model is in the works, but if you went for a ride in the OB you wouldn't want I/O. The full canopy 2/4 seat or open cockpit are the onle 2 ways they come. The web site definatley needs more. Watch for a full blow POWERBOAT test in the next issue or two.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Racer
Racer

For 118,000.00 you get on the traile 300X's and all the bells and whistles.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:24 PM
mmo jo

So your telling me that an amt will run through big water (3-4 ft) faster than a skater or a spector . Ill tell you the pice is wright. I now have a 390 velocity and its fast for its class but Im still tired of getting my ass wiped buy cats. And in fort myers the water verry rarely gets larger than 2ft. but what when your w.f.o and you hit a 4ft boat wake.?

Old 01-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

enjoy your flight.......we will be touching down momentarily
Old 01-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Racer
Racer

MMO JO YES, A 28 Skater would be faster in FLAT water but would cost 20-30K more. An AMT will run around the same speed or faster than a Spectre. Give me a call if you wanna come up and see the new boat in the mold. About POWERBOAT they haven't run the boat with 300x's yet. They also only write what they are told by the builders about the options and acc. the prices in PB alway seem alittle high to me. I was just talking to another customer about a 300X boat and it will start lower than 118.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sounds like a challange?

Hey guys ,

just read through the thread, interesting. The AMT's look pretty cool like small versions of an MTI (to me). MMojo I've seen you at work!!!and I know you like the rough stuff. Stick with big blocks and at least 5 more feet of boat (just to be safe). Remember when those poker runs start how messy the water is and how happy your throttle hand gets . .

You would be coming out of a very fast deep- v and are going to want to run at least as fast right away 85-90. One mistake in a boat that size with a couple of passangers could be disasterous

Ryan is an experienced cat driver and I know he will agree that it will take at least one season to get your (mmojo) bearings together in "ANY" cat. The last poker run he handled the AMT beautifuly, However I know he had his hands full.
I drove a 28 skater w/ 2x 2.5's several weeks ago and it wasn't anywhere near as forgiving as my 36. Bad to the bone, fast, on the edge, not for beginers would be how I described the experience.

Ryan, Now about that little challange!!!

Wait a second ....didn't Dan Lawrence down in Sarasota already settle that issue????

Maximus

Quick Reply: Amt cats any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.