Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Amt cats any good? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41305-amt-cats-any-good.html)

mmo jo 01-19-2003 01:05 PM

maximus is your new boat done yet? Take my 390 on trade on your old cat?

Ryan Beckley 01-19-2003 03:33 PM

The only time I ran against Dan I had 5 people and full of fuel and he was slightly faster. Dan's boat runs very well.

eMotiondriver 01-19-2003 04:11 PM

AMT's along with Motion are the best in the rough stuff.
And the Skater's and the rest seem to be alittle better in the flat water.

Gary B. has made the rough water Cats run just like the rest in the flat with both AMT and Motion in the past and present, so who knows what boat is the best.

My Guess, ask GARY....:eureka:

mmo jo 01-20-2003 07:23 PM

Thnk you for all the good info.

Havasu Cig 01-21-2003 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
mmo jo
The AMT can run wide open in 3-4 as was stated above. A boat rigged right with 300's should get you to around 110MPH. The boats are built in Sarasota so not too far away. There is a boat in the mold right now that is going to California at the end of Feb. to be rigged out there and run at Havasu. As of now another boat that is for sale will be built right after that. At the Miami SBI race this year AMT finished 1,2&4th I think. An AMT has won the National Championship the past 3 years running. If you need any other info feel free to contact me at 941-915-1447.

I believe this is the boat that is headed for West Coast Rigging & Marine in So. Cal. The owner of the company used to rig for DCB and now has started his own company. He said he was very impressed with the AMT when he went to the factory last week, and is looking forward to rigging the boat.

mmo jo 01-22-2003 05:47 PM

Thank you very much for all the good info.

Ryan Beckley 01-22-2003 07:13 PM

30 AMT

1 Attachment(s)
This boat is powered by twin 2.5's. It will be in the next few issues of POWERBOAT. It is currently offered for sale by Kevin Peterson at the Aqua Toy Store.

Ryan Beckley 01-22-2003 07:16 PM

AMT 30' Race

1 Attachment(s)
Supreme Marine boat owned by Jovn David of Ft Lauderdale, Throttled and rigged by Troy Hannon of Supreme Marine.

Ryan Beckley 01-22-2003 07:23 PM

30' AMT Pleasure Boat

1 Attachment(s)
This is last year Miami Boatshow boat. It was also in Powerboats 100 MPH shootout. It was picked by one of the editors as there favorite tested. It is currently offered for sale by TNT and on OSO. It is a great buy for the price. It needs minor cosmetic Fiberglass work on the transom.

NASTY HABIT 01-22-2003 07:35 PM

daaaannggg !!! who's the hottie in that first pic....