I stand by my Post #107
Old 01-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Allan4

Very well said.

Old 01-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys I think we had a great time and generated over 2000 reads, but we are being pre-empted by another thread. They have fresh faces and we are just the same tired old guys still duking it out.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=42033

Mike,
Are you feeling better? I am almost back to 100% myself, what a virus we had.

Steve,
#107 was your best post, you should stand by it.

Ted,
Politics and money seems to drive everything any ore. I don't have enough money or the energy to get political, so we are consigned to arguing together about things we seem to have no say in anyway. It is fun sometimes though.

Donzi38ZX,
I wish I knew your name. Yours were always the best thought out posts. Wish I could have done as well.

Allan,
What was very well said? You have been my favorite adversary even though I think we both agree way more than not. You tried to call it dead and it kept going, wonder if I will have any more success.

catmando,
Sorry I let you down. With only two of us it was hard to hold up the side. It was fun being on your team.

Everybody else,
Sorry if I missed anyone. It is great to see that us boaters can talk so passionately and still be friends. And to think non-boaters think we are only interested in boats and boobs. Well that is true, in the summer non of us have time for this.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Registered

Yes Tom I'm finally better (thanks to the dose of Zithromax I had to strongarm my liberal doctor into giving me).

Wait Tom don't go yet. I haven't converted you to conservative yet......Here's some more reading for you.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/wee...tor.guest.html
Old 01-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Registered

Default NO

I'm referring to all the links that are below his blurb. Particularly the UK articles.

Steve - post # 107 is great and I nominate you for the presidential ticket once George Bush finishes his SECOND term. It should be a smooth presidency for you by the way, cause the Bush administration should have everthing running like a fine oiled machine by then.

Last edited by at100plus; 01-28-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Default George Bush Sr's Commentary last night

Did anyone see George Bush Sr's Commentary last night? How could anyone watch that man speak and not come away feeling that The United States of America is doing the right thing by insisting on the disarmament and/or removal of Saddam Hussein today? He speaks with genuine honesty and integrity.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:53 PM
cashmoney

Catmando....That qoute is great...and scary....

If he only knew

Old 01-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Tom
Registered

I used to listen to Rush all the time back before he was famous. Back then he was funny, irreverent, fresh, novel, entertaining, and a great change from the liberal media of the day. Unfortunately as he became famous he started to change. His show went to two hours and he spent the first 45 minutes talking about how important he was. I got bored with him and have never really liked him like I used to.

I listened to NPR for a few hours every day back then and they were definately the liberal press back then. (If you think NPR is liberal now they have come so far to the right since then I almost consider them conservative anymore.) It was great to listen to Paul Harvey, Rush, and even the Christian radio just to get a balanced view of everything.

Now it seems like the only one I like from the right is O'Reilly. Hannity spends way too much time attacking Hillory when there are much better things to be talking about. Reminds me of Rush talking about himself for 45 minutes every show. O'Reilly does a good job of pretending to be fair and balanced and is respectful of others. He also bothers to stay with current topics and always has a well thought out agenda for the show.

There really is nobody for the left anymore, so it seems the only sources are left leaning foreign papers. I try to regularly at least skim the websites of papers from all over the world and try to keep informed about opinions outside the US press, which seems more and more to be all pushing the same agenda, with the same few owners controlling it all. I do find articles referenced at http://www.smirkingchimp.com to be at least well presented and well thought out (at least some of them) and a nice comparison and reality check. As I have been advocating all along, it is very important to question all sources and make sure you hear all sides before coming to your own conclusion about things.

The only way you can get me to be a conservative is for the majority to start arguing the liberal side. I would argue the conservative side just as strongly then.

Last edited by Tom; 01-28-2003 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Iran Contra Ok Let’s look back at the times!!

Maybe you choose not to remember but the Ayatollah's plane actually turned back to Paris one day while worlds most dangerous man the fool Pinko Leftie Carter coerced the Shah,(or whatever interim set-up with a guy named Baktiar who
Existed as the government), to let him land. Then a vicious attack on the army began. They were surrounded in their barracks and literally butchered.

Many TV pictures of the time of eviscerated corpses of Iranian Army officers, who could have defended themselves, except for the fact that Carter had decided to sacrifice our friends. Fitting it was then that Carter's ultimate political fate was determined largely by what he had brought on himself.

Or how about blowing the Ayatollah's plane out of the sky on its way from Paris, like the Iranian generals wanted to do in self-defense But Carter and Clinton have a penchant for these kinds of people!

Now most of our problems in the Middle-East have sprung forth since that day! And I hear Iran Contra from dirty mouths!
Jimmy Carter tried to ruin America and I hear Iran Contra from these Wackos??

Also and more on this piece of crap: July 2, 1980: "Carter campaign asks Federal Election Commission to deny federal funds to Ronald Reagan because private committees raising funds for him are allegedly not independent."

"In 1984, Carter visited the residence of Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin in Washington, D.C., to warn Soviet officials against Ronald Reagan's re-election” In 1984,
Recapping --------------------------------------------------------------------------------->.
Iran Contra
KGB documents prove how America's worst president betrayed his country by trying to get the Soviets to intervene in two U.S. elections to stop Ronald Reagan. But we have Iran Contra.

--Carter's role in starting the Islamic Jihad by allowing the Shah of Iran to fall -- and beginning more than two decades of international terrorism. But we have Iran Contra

--Carter's actions that led to the murders of dozens of top Iranian military officials. But we have Iran Conta

--Carter's long "blame America first" history, and his support for Cuban dictator Fidel Castro and other radical, abusive regimes that hate the U.S. But we Have Iran Contra

--How Carter claims he is fighting for human rights, but completely ignores abuses in countries like China and North Korea while openly criticizing Israel. But we have Iran Contra

--How Carter cached in on Arab funding. But we have Iran Contra

--The role Jimmy played in Bill Clinton's fiasco in North Korea - one that has led the U.S. to the brink of a new war in Korea. But we have Iran Contra

--How his desperate quest for recognition has hindered, rather than promoted, peace. But we have Iran Contra

--How his disastrous betrayal of the Shah of Iran created a Middle East nightmare that plagues the U.S. to this day. But we have Iran Contra

--The real reason that anti-American Scandinavians handed him the Nobel Peace Prize, and how Carter actually secretly lobbied for the award But we have Iran Contra.

Last edited by Steve 1; 01-28-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

Default Iran Contra

Do you even know what the Iran Contra was all about?

What I'm saying is, when you watch Clinton you can see right through his dishonest eyes because he doesn't even believe the garbage that he spews from his own mouth. He's a little self centered snake and even he knows it.

When you watch George Bush (or his father), you can see that he really believes in his cause, and neither of them (Ronald Reagan falls into this category as well), is afraid to stand up for what they believe in. They don't do the politically correct thing all the time. Case in point, George Bush stood up to Affirmative Action because it is wrong. It is as wrong to admit someone based soley on skin color as it is not to. That may be against politcally correct opinion, but it is CORRECT. Racism goes both ways.

If and when this war is fought and if it is won swiftly, let's say hypothetically we find that Saddam was 3 months away from an atomic bomb. When the Iraqi's are cheering and waving American flags in the aftermath because they are free, then the Democrats committed political suicide today.

Last edited by at100plus; 01-29-2003 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Al Queda Plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.