Notices

Screen size

Old 01-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screen size

Can I change a setting somewhere so that I do not have to scroll over to see all of the post. This does not happen all the time, but when it does, it is very annoying. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:13 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya, whats up with that? A real P.I.T.A.!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Registered

If you have a monitor that is 15" or larger you can usually change the screen size to 1024x768. you can change this by right clicking on your desktop and going to properties, then click on settings and change the screen area size. Your video card and monitor have to support it. If it doesn't support it, your monitor will go nuts, but just wait and it will restore itself in 15 seconds.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Registered

I don't think that is what I want to do. All it did was leave a black border around the wallpaper. Could there be a setting on OSO that needs to be changed? This happens when someone posts a picture that is very big. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Registered

Change your display settings to a higher resolution as previously suggested, and change the setting for desktop to stretch. That makes your wallpaper the size of the screen. Or you may want to try to change the settings for Internet Explorer (if used). Tools / internet options / advanced /enable automatic image resizing. Also, if you have a scrolling (wheel) mouse, try holding down the control key and roll the wheel.

Last edited by David; 01-18-2003 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Registered

Bingo,
mpally, you are almost there. David has a good tip that I forgot about. It will help some, but not on all of the threads.
srobak had the answer. After changing resolution you will need to readjust your monitor. I know you may not like it because it makes it harder to read unlees you have a bigger monitor, but it will fix the problem.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Registered

if most pictures are seen ok and every once in a while you have to scroll it could be because the person has linked to a picture on another server that is larger than 640. Nothing you can do about it, we all have the same problem when someone does that.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:08 AM
Registered

It only happens every once in a while. Sometimes there are very large pics that cause it, but other times there is not an pics. I guess I will just have to live with it.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Registered

Ok, here are some examples.

This one has pics posted in it and I do not see the whole post without scrolling over.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=41376

Here is one that does not have a pic, but I do not see a bit of the threads unless I scroll over.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=41228

Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:40 AM
Registered

If you notice the picture in the first one does not say XXXX has attached this picture. Those pictures are 800 wide and are coming from another website. We all have to scroll on those. As far as the second link, are you sure you have your screen set to the very edge? Also what are you settings on the display. Go to control panel, display settings and see if it is 800x600 or higher. If it is 800, set it higher, then apply, then you will have to re-start the computer. See what it looks like then.

Quick Reply: Screen size

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.