Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ben Kramer Post (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41384-ben-kramer-post.html)

searace 01-20-2003 09:30 AM

Candy,

it is unbelievable... untrue also which is why the publisher pulled it from thier inventory. Burdick and the prob. officer who he quotes regularly are wanna be's. Thier slighting of DA is completely untrue.

EXHAUSTED 01-20-2003 03:15 PM

I got Speed Kills from the local library. Had to wait about a week.

Biggus 01-20-2003 05:59 PM

Speed Kills can be found on ebay most anytime. Search words, Don Aronow,

I`ve bought 2 copies in the past year.although I don`t even have 1 at the moment. People never return books???:(

candyman35 01-20-2003 10:19 PM

Originally posted by searace
Candy,

it is unbelievable... untrue also which is why the publisher pulled it from thier inventory. Burdick and the prob. officer who he quotes regularly are wanna be's. Thier slighting of DA is completely untrue.

Unbelievable! Exactly! The story was definitely out there. It was very interesting and I would still recommend the audio version of Blue Thunder. You don't have to believe everything you hear to find something interesting. I plan to read Speed Kills next. I find these stories interesting but not concrete enough to judge a person or person’s life. Are there any books you would recommend on the early days of Offshore?

Dan

SABER28 01-21-2003 07:48 AM

SEARACE by john crouse is the bible of offshore, get it.

candyman35 01-21-2003 10:39 PM

Saber28,
Thanks for the suggestion.
Dan

rainmn 11-09-2006 08:34 AM

Re: Ben Kramer Post

Originally Posted by BURGER&FRIES
Sea Race??

Yes. Check it out here

Sloman 11-09-2006 09:12 AM

Just found a Copy of Speed Kills in Canada it's on it way, I Hope :D

DrNautica 11-09-2006 09:25 AM

I've read "Speed Kills" but I don't remember it painting Aronow in a particularly bad light, unless you're talking about the womanizing and selling businesses knowing he'd have to take them back and keep the buyers downstroke. Or selling to a known felon/drug dealer while he had active government contracts to build drug interdiction boats and that the sale would void those contracts so he could take the business back or start another boat company to get the contracts back for himself making the former business he'd sold worthless. Otherwise, I don't think it put Don in a bad light. Business is business, right?

Wasn't there a History channel piece done on this and aired recently. History Channel or Speed Channel or some "Channel" anyway.

offshoredrillin 11-09-2006 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Poo
I registered as Ben Kramer a couple of years ago. Man that thread got wild. I told them I was allowed to get online once a year at christmas .

If I recall I got 10 days time out for that one . :D

shoulda deleted it quickly :D