Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ben Kramer Post (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41384-ben-kramer-post.html)

Robingo 12-17-2006 11:24 AM

Re: Ben Kramer Post

Did somebody say they wanted to hear about the attempted helicopter escape? I happened to be at the MCC that day.

Biggus 12-17-2006 11:34 AM

Sure, lets hear all about it!

Comanche3Six 12-17-2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Robingo
Did somebody say they wanted to hear about the attempted helicopter escape? I happened to be at the MCC that day.

Robingo
You've been everywhere with everyone except Davy Crockett at the Alamo. If you have something to add please stop asking if OSO members want to hear it. Just say it.
Thanks
Ed

T2x 12-17-2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Robingo
You've been everywhere with everyone except Davy Crockett at the Alamo. If you have something to add please stop asking if OSO members want to hear it. Just say it.
Thanks
Ed

Crockett was a stud that day...but Jim Bowie fought like a maniac.... :D

T2x

Robingo 12-17-2006 09:41 PM

The day the soldiers came it was a hot day in San Antonio.

Comanche3Six 12-18-2006 04:08 PM

Lol!

iamjoe 12-18-2006 05:31 PM

This would be a great interview. Get this: the other day my bride was digging through old boxes of Christmas stuff and she found my copy of Speed Kills. I just finished reading it a little while ago.

For the record:
In his early days Ben used to sell small little amounts of pot; he was almost always at the band-shell @ Hollywood beach. I knew a guy, who knew a guy who used to buy pot from Ben.

The same guy had later made friends with two pirate-types who had a mid-sized Hatteras that was heavily involved in the importing business. Ben's name was tossed around pretty freely in those days.

It was a history-filled time to be in South Florida:

Liberty City riots (Arthur Duffy)
Mariel boat lift
Bails of Pot falling though the ceilings of trailer homes in Pompano.

Right before everything changed from Pot to Cocaine

Robingo 12-18-2006 08:54 PM

Are you talking about Pirates World in Dania? I saw everybody there:Zepellin, the Byrds,the Dead,Allman Bro's, Pink Floyd, and many more. Ben was a drummer and I was a bass player, and we used to run into each other.

thedonz 12-18-2006 11:46 PM

Does anyone know who was Ben's uncle ?...i'm sure it's not secret but i'm sure many of yall don;t know

Mike

Robingo 12-19-2006 12:18 AM

My understanding is that Maxine knew a niece of Lansky. According to one writer, that's close enough to call Ben the "putitive heir". Makes for interesting reading, I suppose. Ben used to carry a $1000 bill he said was once owned by Al Capone. I saw the bill, but I couldn't tell you from where it really came.