Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ajac Hawk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41392-ajac-hawk.html)

abolfaz 11-07-2005 08:07 PM

Re: Ajac Hawk

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Its a shame that the boat was never restored. Maybe someday it will be :)

It may still be, as I understand it the Bahamian speedboat drug smuggling trade is dead now. With the tough extradition treaty between the U.S. and the Bahamas the people who owned those boats are putting as much distance between themselves and the boats as possible, so much so that some are being taken offshore and sunk! If you have the time I'm sure you can go through nassau and some of the smaller islands and find these boats.

I almost forgot, a friend and I sent "fast company" over there as well. Does that mean were going to go to some sort of offshore hell?

el indio 11-07-2005 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
It may still be, as I understand it the Bahamian speedboat drug smuggling trade is dead now. With the tough extradition treaty between the U.S. and the Bahamas the people who owned those boats are putting as much distance between themselves and the boats as possible, so much so that some are being taken offshore and sunk! If you have the time I'm sure you can go through nassau and some of the smaller islands and find these boats.

I almost forgot, a friend and I sent "fast company" over there as well. Does that mean were going to go to some sort of offshore hell?

you need to read the smuggleing thread........one of you is missinformed.............being a minister i neither indulge in alchahol or recreational drugs............mark........

abolfaz 11-07-2005 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by el indio
one of you is missinformed.............

How so?

abolfaz 11-08-2005 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by el indio
you need to read the smuggleing thread........one of you is missinformed.............being a minister i neither indulge in alchahol or recreational drugs............mark........

The late 90's bahamian smuggling boom is over, it peaked in 97,98 and then died down in 00 and 01. In 97,98 south bimini in one house alone had 2 38 mantas with yamahas, 2 36 mirages with 3 yamahas, 1 36 Carrera with 3 yamahas, 2 35 cigarettes with yamahas, 1 old 38 signature with yamahas and 3 38 cigarette knockoffs with 3 yamahas to name a few. And that was just around one house/metal building between the airstrip and the dock for the boat that took you to north bimini. Today? Nothing.

Things really died down to a crawl after 9/11, plus the boats of choice changed from big old go fasts with yamahas to the eduardono type columbian canoes.

abolfaz 11-11-2005 06:41 PM

Here's something thats been bugging me, does anybody know where the El Boss/super Q 37.5 ended up? Also does anybody have any pics of Assault another 37.5 cig?

onig 12-25-2017 12:15 PM

Ajac 37.6

Anyone ever found out the whereabouts of the 37.6 Ajac ?