Notices

Baja boats

Old 01-21-2003, 10:28 AM
DonMan

I`m a Baja owner and I would recommend one to anyone looking for a good-looking, quality boat at a very fair price. They seem to hold their value well and I have heard that trying to sell a used one is a piece of cake.
Just compare any Baja to a competitor`s boat, dollar for dollar you get way more with a Baja.
Sure, I have heard stories of poor build quality. I think ALL manufacturers get that from time to time. You`re probably going to hear it more about a Baja because they represent a full 1/3 of the performance boat market.

Old 01-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Rippem,

end grain Balsa and bi- and tri-axial woven cloths, all industry standards.
Good responce BD but I thought Baja uses primarily knit vs woven.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Had our 1997 272 since new and I cant say enough good things about the boat, Baja, or Grand Sport our dealer,,,, all 3 have always been there for us.

P.S. It's for sale,,, got my eye on a 342 !!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by 29 OUTLAW
Good responce BD but I thought Baja uses primarily knit vs woven.
My bad, I was too hasty to look it up. But basically, woven is interlacing of warp and weft and knit is intermeshing. Properties can be catered to both. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja's have more problems because they have more boats, they are what they are and thats fine, no question there are better built boats out there. In this economy do yourself a favor and go to the miami boat show, most builders will be there, you might be suprised at what they will do! If your thinking Baja also ck out Pantera, Sonic, Sunsation, PowerQuest and more. Baja's may be the best looking boat out there and the are big but get in all of them crawl around there is a boat for everybody, good luck!!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Rippem
Someone noted earlier that the hull/deck joint is not glassed. This shouldn't be a huge factor in recreational structural integrity or value. Formula's hull/deck is assembled the same way, I believe. Those chemically bonding adhesives are very, very strong. Along with screws and bolts, I don't see how you could rip that joint apart. If it's a strong enough method for Formula....
Powerquest also uses the same method to bond hull and deck and Formula even chemically bonds the stringers to the hull vs. glassing them.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Baja's

Ron,

Shop around and you'll find that the general public thinks very highly of Baja's. I bought my Baja 2 1/2 years ago and think that it's a pretty good product. If you're interested, we could pull mine out of the caves sometime and you could get a first hand look. Mine's '92 model, but much like many of the people responding on this thread, it's been well taken care of and it shows. Minimal stress cracks in the gel and the original interior is in good shape.
I'll find out later this spring how fast Baja's can sell. I'm looking on moving up.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Big E

Default Re: Baja's

Originally posted by KC Baja
Ron,

Shop around and you'll find that the general public thinks very highly of Baja's. I bought my Baja 2 1/2 years ago and think that it's a pretty good product. If you're interested, we could pull mine out of the caves sometime and you could get a first hand look. Mine's '92 model, but much like many of the people responding on this thread, it's been well taken care of and it shows. Minimal stress cracks in the gel and the original interior is in good shape.
I'll find out later this spring how fast Baja's can sell. I'm looking on moving up.

Why wait until spring? I just sold my 252 Islander and the buyer did not even want to hear it run. It was like new, runs like new, well taken care of. I sold it December 22, 2002. A lot of people buy boats in the winter. Especially ones that are in great shape. I have received a lot of calls on it this winter prior to selling it.

Old 01-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Banker Ron & Boatless Cowgirl,

Talk to Gordo. Do you have his phone number?
Old 01-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

You guy's need to talk to Jason in Topeka, Gordo has his # He's got a 24 Outlaw for sale.

Quick Reply: Baja boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.