If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Baja boats

Charter Member #300 Charter Member Shooter's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '02 Sonic Prowler
    Palm Harbor, FL
    easy, my first car was a pinto wagon.

My Boats:
    1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
    On the river
    dad runs a 1989 220 sport baja with a warmed over 502. He has reamed the **** outta that boat for 3 yrs now and we have not had a problem with the boat. I prefer the looks of the late 80's baja's.

But the bad thing is... I still goes by me but maybe I can change that this summer
    Last edited by traviss; 01-22-2003 at 09:36 AM.

The corvette of powerboats best boat for the money perfect lake boat but not the quality of a cig or outerlimits. It all depends on what you plan to do with the boat ie offshore or lake I have had my boat offshore and I don't know if it would hold up day after day in that environment. Have had 2 with no trouble. Also not as fast a stepped hull.

My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine
    I have owned three Baja`s, They were all purchased new.

I was very pleased with all of them. My 1987 Sport 210 with a 350 Mag ran flawlessly, never needed any warranty whatsoever.I had bought it at the right time (dealer was low on cash) and I had sold it for 4k more than what I had paid!!!

In 1988, I had ordered a new Sport 220 with a 454 Mag. We had logged well over 300 totally trouble free hours. Nice boat, just a little too small for us, sold it after 3 seasons. Paid 25k in 1988, sold it for 20k!

In Dec. 1990 I had bought a new, left over '89 Sport 280 with twin 330`s/Bravo`s. We logged 750+ hrs on her. This was the most reliable toy I have ever owned! This boat always ran incredible and held up very well. The new owner has been enjoying the same luck. When it sold, she went for 15k less than I paid new!!!!

So, you could call me a very satisfied Baja owner. Sure they are not the quality of a Cig, but they three Baja`s that I had owned held up incredibly well!! and were very cheap to maintain. also in 16 seasons, there was not one weekend that any of these boats were down!!!!!!!!!!!Who can say that!

The bottom line...... I have enjoyed 16 trouble free seasons, behind the wheel of Baja Boats and it has only cost me 16k in depreciation How`s that??? I`m not so sure I`ll have the same success with my Cig

A very satisfied former Baja owner,

Last edited by Biggus; 01-22-2003 at 01:27 PM.

My Boats:
    2000 Cigarette Topgun
    Holding up and staying together and holding up on LAKE ERIE are two different things! Many boats will show wear and tear if ridden hard on lake erie for any length of time.

I am on my 3rd boat in as many years...

My first was a 25 outlaw and was quite happy with it. Very solid boat .... and I drove it hard all summer in the Poker Run circut. The next year was a 33 outlaw and now a 40. I don't care that they are not as fast as the stepped hull's ... a true "V" is a much better ride!

Photo of the new 40

Warp & Woof
    Did anyone notice that was Billy Gibbon's boat in the picture above?

Warp & Woof
    Baja Daze

I wasn't trying to correct you...thanks for the info. I learn something new every day

Originally posted by willpower
    Photo of the new 40
    So will you be racing?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast