Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Who is the best Tarpon, Permit, bonefish Capt. in Marathon, Florida? >

OT: Who is the best Tarpon, Permit, bonefish Capt. in Marathon, Florida?

Notices

OT: Who is the best Tarpon, Permit, bonefish Capt. in Marathon, Florida?

Old 01-21-2003, 12:01 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks PackinAir, I'lll try to swerve at the last minute. Wow, heavy penalties on the deer! Wife takes a dim view of hooks in hands <gg>, so I'll pass on the fishing trip. If I was down by myself, I'd take you up on your kind offer.

BTW cool collection of toys you have/had. Awesome Shelby! Both cars on your website would pass our WS6 RamAir Formula without too much trouble.

Since PackinAir and JB-Cigarette are locals, who is a good real estate agent who shows properties by boat? Both of youse guys, let me know if you are around Feb. 12 and 13th, I'll buy you folks a round at the Holiday Inn in Marathon. It will be fun to see some fellow OSOers!

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited by CBR; 01-21-2003 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:02 AM
JB-Cigarette

I don't know any local real estate agents. If you find a place on the water and need to take a look at her from the water i have a 19 C\C avalible. See you at Holiday Isle. If you want e-mail me if you need some local info. Jeremy

Old 01-23-2003, 12:14 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

Jose is no longer taking charters, preferring to focus on his TV show instead. If you go to his web site (FishFactory.com), and click on "Our Shows", and then "Spanish Fly", there is a note from him listing several guides that he recommends. (Sorry)

Flip Paillot has moved north to the Melbourne area. Fished with him once about 10 years ago. Very, very good. (He did the "Walkers Cay Chronicles" TV show.)

Have fun.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:34 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks C-Spray. Flip's Walker Cay TV show has been my favorite fishing show. An ex-banker, Flip is poetic in his fishing trip descriptions. Spanish Fly is pretty good also. I'll likely start making phone calls next weekend.

Jeremy, that is a very kind offer, but we would not want to impose on you. I am particularly interested in waterfront homes that are on the private airstrips in the Keys. Homes on stilts so you can put your plane/chopper under the house are particularly appealing.

Any local feedback on the long term health of these airparks?