New 36' Skater Needs Transportation >

New 36' Skater Needs Transportation

Notices

New 36' Skater Needs Transportation

Old 01-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by BobbyB
Hey semper fi, What did you used to charge people per mile for hauling there boats around? Thanks
I would charge around $1.90 per mile for a boat like that. If the owner can afford a boat like that, they can pay to transport it or they can do it themselves and be miserable. You can find people to do it cheaper, but they usually don't have the right insurance or experience to do it. Like Sean stinson said, you have to get wide load permits also, which is a pain in the ass. I'm not really sure, but I think with a load like that you can only travel during the daytime and might possibly need a chaser vehicle behind you. I used to haul high performance boats--so I didn't have to ever deal with permits.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very funny Mark. Towing my boat from Salisbury is a long trip and you should know that. If I run across the bay I can get stuck because we never know whats it going to be like.

BobbyB Did you get the new truck yet?

29 Outlaw I pull my own boat everywhere its Mark you would have to worry about.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Semper Fi for the info.
Hey Mike i didnt get the new truck yet but i do have a deposit on mine now so hopefully something will workout. You might end up seeing it alot the guy lives in delaware and works in salisbury.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled a supercat from Conn. to Key West for a race team.Getting permits was kind of a ***** but not to bad.You cant be on the road more than a 1/2 hr before sunrise and a 1/2 hr after sunset,you have to stop at all weight stations and show permits and they better be right,i got all the way from Conn. to the last weight station about 1 hr out of Key West and the officer at the scale actually measured my load and it was 3 inches to long,so i had to have all my permits changed before i came back thru after the races or i was going to be put out of service for 24 hrs right at the scale along with a big fine.And dont even think of not having your log book caught up at all times.That boat was 47 ft long and 13 ft wide and i didnt need a chase vehicle, all though i could of definetly used one a couple of times,especially when i got lost in FT.Lauderdale about 2 hrs past dark in a downpour looking for my motel.Where does this boat have to be hauled from?Where is Dick Simon Marine located?
Old 01-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally posted by sean stinson
Don't forget the wide load permits.......

Dont forget the "tires in the roadway" and the "pit stops"!!
Old 01-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I only live about 15 minutes from Douglas/Saugatuck where the Skater Factory is located, I have a chaufers (spelling?) license and I would love to tow that boat to California, but I am just too busy! Heck, I even want to tow my own boat out there sometime soon to Havasu, Mead and the Delta near San Franciso Bay area.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

DSM is in Dana point, CA. It is 1 hr South of Los Angeles and 1 hour North of San Diego. Scott from DSM said a couple people have called for the job, but I don't think anyone has the job yet. If Scott isn't around, ask for Tommy (brother-in-law)
Old 01-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get paid in full up front! You agree with me on this one G?