Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MI. Dodge Dealers? need a 1500 hemi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41552-mi-dodge-dealers-need-1500-hemi.html)

rjcardinal 01-21-2003 08:23 PM

Just got one! Had it about 3 weeks. 2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab short box 5.7 Hemi, 20" wheels loaded out Laramie with the towing package. Light Almond Pearl Metallic with taupe leather interior. Stickered at 33.9K. What a truck, makes me want to throw rocks at my Chevy. The 5.7 Hemi is all its cracked up to be. You can really feel the 345hp. The acceleration is stunning. Ive been driving 350 Chevys for years and the new Hemi blows it away. The 20" wheels along with the rack and pinion steering make the truck handle like a sports car. The truck is a real looker and has a great stance with the 20's. The fit and finish of the interior is superior to Ford and Chevy in my opinion. Ive been a Chevy man for 15 years and had reservations about buying a Dodge but I have seen the light. It still feels weird to tell people I bought a Dodge.

I have a 27 Fountain also and figure loaded with fuel gear and trailer its about 6400 lbs. Tow rating on my truck is 7800 lbs. This combined with how stong it feels leads me to believe that it will tow my boat with no problem.

The only drawbacks I have seen so far is fuel milage and the ride is a little stiff. Dont believe the 14 city 18 highway on the window sticker. The stiff ride is probably from the 20" wheels with the low profile tires. But this also gives the truck the sports car like handling. First tank was completely in town and it only averaged 12.5 mpg. Granted there was a lot of spirited acceleration as I took my friends for a ride. Second and third tank were all highway and they averaged 14.9. Granted this was 7 hours at at least 80 and most of the time around 90.

Buy it you will love the truck.

Ron

Pantera1 01-21-2003 08:39 PM

Yo BOB

Capital letters mean your yelling ... I dont think you were, I just thought id tell you ..
Ok what would wreckers and fleet trucks have to do with light duty trucks .. Dodge has chosen to stay out of certain markets ..They dominated Nascar then took 30 years off.. Who knows why .. But right now if you line up the big three's half ton pickups , Id take the dodge with the Hemi hands down .. Chevy = plastic up the ying yang ..our chevy work vans are falling appart, very cheesy.. Ford is still selling thier (dodge wanna be body style) from 10 years ago.. And im pretty sure "Quality is now like job 2 or 3" .. Show me a top fuel funny car or drag boat that isnt sporting a HEMI and ill show you a loser..
" Hey does that have a hemi in it "

bobby daniels 01-21-2003 09:10 PM

HEY PANTERA I'M SORRY I TYPE IN CAPS ,,NO EXCUSE BUT I TYPE
SO SLOW (hunt and peck),,
YOUR RIGHT LIGHT DUTY LIKE I SAID THEY MAY BE FINE LIKE HE WILL USE IT !:D
I;M VERY CLOSE TO CUP AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE EARLY 70;S SO I KNOW ABOUT THEIR CUP WINNINGS (RAY EVERHAM ) !!
THE REST ABOUT WRECKERS AND FLEET CARS AND TRUCK IS VERY TRUE ,YOU DON'T SEE MANY IF ANY ,,WHY ??
I TRULY HOPE HE GETS A GOOD TRUCK !!I WAS GIVING HIM THINGS PRACTIAL TO THINK ABOUT :) :)

HEMIS ARE THE WAY TO GO FOR RACING NO DOBT ,I JUST THINK DODGE NEEDS ALOT OF IMPROVING ,,JMHO:D ,,,SORRY WE DIFFER ON THAT .
AGAIN FOR HIS LIGHT DUTY USE IT WILL MAYBE WORK ,,I WAS WORRIED ABOUT RESALE ,,,SEE YA

KAAMA 01-21-2003 10:10 PM

Originally posted by bobby daniels
HEY PANTERA I'M SORRY I TYPE IN CAPS ,,NO EXCUSE BUT I TYPE SO SLOW (hunt and peck),, I;M VERY CLOSE TO CUP AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE EARLY 70;S SO I KNOW ABOUT THEIR CUP WINNINGS (RAY EVERHAM ) !!
bobby, you need to get out from that "hunt and peck" method of typing and move up to more like "search and destroy" :crazy:

cup ain't SQUAT! :drool:

BTW, I hear those NASCAR dudes think they know how to build marine hi-perf offshore engines-----yeah okay! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now ya know......I say----now ya know I'ma just'a messin' with ya now donchya son? :p ;) :D

bobby daniels 01-21-2003 10:19 PM

YEP, THEM CUP BOYS ARE "KNOWATALLS", ALSO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A DODGE, MY FATHER ALSO DID AND LOVED IT. "DID!". THOSE CUP BOYS THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN MAKE CLOSE TO A 1000HP OUT OF A SMALL BLOCK, AND THIS YEAR SHOULD TURN 10,000RPM, THEY THINK THEY CAN BUILD MARINE ENGINES. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL BE ABLE TO? HAVE A GREAT NIGHT:D

Hot Boat 01-21-2003 10:26 PM

I just ordered the same truck. Black 4 door short bed sport ,dark gray int., ,20' rims , 5.7 hemi, 3.92 psi rear, 4 wheel anti lock , 11 speaker cd cassette, with radio controls on the wheel , fold flat load floor in the rear, bed liner, tonneau cover, tow package, power seats, keyless entry leather wrapper steering wheel, 29 G package (power mirrors ,windows, cruse control over head console with compass and thermometer A.C. and all the other basic stuff you would expect)

MSRP $35,740

Dealer cost. $31,990

I am getting the truck for 1% over dealer cost plus $3300 in discounts

total price on the truck is $29,009 from Johnson Dodge in NJ. I used the Sams club auto program. They only mark up there cost of the truck by 1%

I couldn't find anyone to beat the price for an equal truck, 6-8 weeks for delivery.

I can fax you my invoice sheet so you can see what each option cost.

Ratchet 01-22-2003 07:46 AM

Re: Thanks...

Originally posted by fountain27ho496
The gas mileage does suck, I'm getting 15-19 with my tahoe.
And my insurance will be 200/month. Clean record and 40 years old? wtf, yes I have shopped it...............

Just FYI - for insurance, here in MI (I noticed you were in Waterford), AAA has a significant discount if you go throught Dearborn Federal Credit Union. The reason was becuase there was a volume discount for all Ford and it's suppliers if they went through this place. I've had mine quoted outside of there, for the same coverage, and figured it out to be close to a 30% difference. THe only thing is AAA does not seem to cooperate in insuring performance boats.

They also deal with a lot of other credit unions, but I believe Dearborn Federal Credit Union had the lowest rates because of the fore-mentioned.

Just thought I'd mention it.

RJ

fountain27ho496 01-22-2003 11:28 AM

thanks guys..

Hey Bobby, how does typing in capitals help with your pecking?
Theres a caps lock button on your left you can release.
Just giving you a hard time, no harm on the chevy,ford,dodge,
debate that will last to the end of time.

Hot boat, thanks for the info if you could fax that I could use it for ammo. 248-683-7070, it wont work while I'm on line, I'm always off by 1:30, thanks in advance.

RJ same boat, same truck, I knew the milage would suck, that actually sounds better than I expected. Funny I drive a blown vette and sometimes burn 50 a day in the boat but I'm worried about milage. Can't wait to here how it tows.

I used to be with AAA still have there road service, don't want to open up any more bank accounts though, I'll still check them.

This may all be a waste of time, Mr. I have to have this tahoe was supposed to call this morning with his loan info, no call.
This just supports my theory nothing is sold until you have ALL the money, title is signed and its driving down the road.

If I can get hotboats price I may do it anyway.

Anyone want a hot looking all black two door tahoe, 98 on auto trader.

bobby daniels 01-22-2003 02:48 PM

hey 27-496 i just sold my sons 99 tahoe with 55k miles to a dealer for 27,500.00 If that helps they may take another one since the two doors sell easier
need to put a whipple on that 496 and wake up that 27 if you need one just p.m. me

small type better ???
your right about the debate on gm,ect I heard those dodges will fly

Intolerant1 01-22-2003 03:10 PM

Buy a 3/4 ton truck. Ive had many 1/2 tons and Ill never go back for any reason. 1/2 ton trucks are like El Caminos, nothing but a car with a bed on the back. Car transmissions, suspensions, brakes, etc. Go to the 3/4 ton and you get real heavy duty truck parts. The cost diffrenence is minor.