Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many women does it take to load a boat? >

How many women does it take to load a boat?

Notices

How many women does it take to load a boat?

Old 01-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4 fat ones or 20 skinny hot ones. Oh, do you mean how many to put it in the water? None.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Sunsation 32

|Mine can do it all by herself. Back the trailer, dock the boat, load the boat, wash the boat, towel down the boat, just dont ask her to wax the boat. |That would be my job.

Old 01-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

I don't have the patience to teach her how to back a trailer. And I don't trust her to handle the boat (not that it's nearly as fancy as many I have seen here, I just don't want it any worse). That helps me justify the $150/month for the marina in the summer. When I look at the convenience and the fact that I end upusing it more it is worth it.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Default Re: How many women does it take to load a boat?

Originally posted by LittleE
At least 4: 1 to back the trailer into the water (after of coarse the plug), jump out of the truck (in park ladies!), into the boat, back the boat out and idle it to the dock, tie off, jump out of the boat, run back to the truck, park the trailer, back to the dock, untie, and off you go... 3 to sit and look like they know what they're doing! Now of coarse, if a man is involved, things go a lot more smoothly... there's someone to deal with the plug in and hand me a beer on my way back to the truck! Loading the boat, well, just do those steps in reverse!
What happened to woman #2 and woman # 4? Just takes one of me.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Big E

I think this is a good post. For one reason, I was the same way, just have my wife do the basics, hook up the bow lines before backing in putting towels and gear in the boat, etc. Same way when putting the boat on the trailer, basics, wiping down the boat etc, easy stuff. Then one day while on the lake I slipped on the bow of the boat breaking my collar bone. I still had to put the boat on the trailer. One of the most painfull days of my life. From that day forward I tought my wife how to do everything as if she had to do it herself. It took about 5 times on a cool fall day with nobody on the ramp but she mastered it. Now she is a pro. After that we had some beers and sat back and laughed about the whole thing. It wasn't funny at the time it happened. This is just some food for thought for you guys who think you need to do all of the hard stuff. Some day you may not be able to. I was the same way, now I'm not.

Old 01-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Default Sorry, I just can't resist this one......

"1"

Let's see now, I do the truck, put the boat on and off the trailer, plugs, wash, wipe, flush the engines (and trailer), take the props on and off, grease prop shafts, do long distance hauls............hmmmmm am I missing anything? Oh, and I can even do it with out breaking a nail. Golly geepers, gee whiz

The funny thing is - the men just stand there watching as I "grease the prop shafts". I wonder why..............

..........and the point was?

Last edited by Blonde Cig Chick; 01-22-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Sorry, I just can't resist this one......

Originally posted by Blonde Cig Chick
...the men just stand there watching as I "grease the prop shafts". I wonder why....
Like - DUH!!!
Old 01-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sorry, I just can't resist this one......

Originally posted by Blonde Cig Chick

The funny thing is - the men just stand there watching as I "grease the prop shafts". I wonder why..............

Old 01-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Registered

BigE, my problem may be me. I broke my leg in 3 places once and managed to do everything while in that moon boot. I even slipped once when climbing off of the boat. I hit a patch of algae.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Big E

Originally posted by florida gator
BigE, my problem may be me. I broke my leg in 3 places once and managed to do everything while in that moon boot. I even slipped once when climbing off of the boat. I hit a patch of algae.
I have broke many bones in my life due to stupid things also, but by far the most painfull was the collar bone, I hope I never have to go through that again or even see anyone have to go through that.

Also Blond Cig Chick - I'm going to check to make sure its okay with my wife, if it is, will you marry me?

Last edited by Big E; 01-22-2003 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: How many women does it take to load a boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.