Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fasted Conventional V Bottom >

Fasted Conventional V Bottom

Notices

Fasted Conventional V Bottom

Old 01-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone post a pic of what this 280 looks like.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Registered

couldn't find the 280 but apparently this must be the VR-1.

Sorry couldn't resist.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..I'm curious as to why no one runs an F2 Sutphen, or Powerplay?
Like Tread said above, the Sutphen can run in the nasty and dance with the "fancy-bottoms" in the flat...

Old 01-23-2003, 08:29 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Donzi38ZX, you made my morning! LOL!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Registered

i know...what's the fastest wood boat with equal power???
Old 01-23-2003, 09:51 AM
wilerty

Back4More: Here's a 280 ... if it works ...
Attached Thumbnails Fasted Conventional V Bottom-bpix01vga.jpg  

Last edited by wilerty; 01-23-2003 at 10:21 AM.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Hey,

Don't forget both the 27' and 29' Progression. I believe the 27' held a kilo record about 2 or 3 years ago. They are very light, but are built as strong as anything -vacuum bagged, vinylester, etc.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:54 AM
CONVINCOR 300

You have to throw Checkmate in the mix if your talking conventional bottoms!This tread started talking about stock production boats and turned into factory race boats( which we all know are not stock production boats ) ! Right?

Old 01-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Registered

First I don't think you "have to" sacrafice anything by building a boat light. Just take a look at the weights of Skaters. It's all in the production. The manufacturers that tend to produce a lot of boats each year tend to build their boat heavier, mostly due to production techniques. Cig has really brought their weights down yet still have unsurpassed quality.

Secondly all boats break and there have been a few Velocitites. Most of the Velocities have been 280s with huge power in the hands of the wrong people. get some air and land the boat on it's side or stuff it and it will probably come apart. I've also seen the bottoms come off an MTI in Corpus Christie TX and I'd never consider that boat to be a potato chip. In addition to the Fountain that came apart in Canada, there was a Sonic that lost most of the port side, now Sonic is not a light boat. I'm not bashing any of these companies, my point is all boats come apart except for maybe a Magnum

As usual I still believe that in racing the boat is only part of the equation and the team plays the biggest role. In flat water we had the slowest boat out there yet we went on to win the National Championship. It all matters what happens on race day. If Velocity was able to put together a team that didn't get bit by gremlins and were experienced then they would kick a$$. Others have tried to race Stuphens but none achieved the success of Doug and Kirby. There was a team that tried to run a Nortech (west coast) but never achieved the success of Adib. I believe there was also a team that ran a Powerplay that wasn't successful either.

The fastest V-bottom is one that has been spit in two and made into a cat. Wasn't there a company in NJ that did that, hydro something or other. Currently Velocity holds the F1 and E class kilo records.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 01-23-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Registered

Here's picture of a 280.

Quick Reply: Fasted Conventional V Bottom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.