Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm beginning to think that Formula might just be a front for the Devil... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41644-im-beginning-think-formula-might-just-front-devil.html)

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 01:28 PM

Hey, Rippem, I still have the 01 Torch 353,plus an 02 Daytona Beach Gold #2 trade in.On the low interest financing, look at it this way,say you finance $160000 at the killer rate, if you take the $10000 rebate instead you are only financing $150000. Run the numbers, I'm a boat dealer, not an accountant or banker:) But in all the years Formula has offered these programs,only one didn't take the rebate. And as far as the Escape programs driving down the prices of used ones, I've gots lots of near new used Formulas. Anyone is welcome to take advantage of me on the low prices:):)

dockrocker 01-23-2003 02:11 PM

Magic, that 1997 280 you have is the one I sent to my wife - her response:

"THAT'S what I'm talking about! Now go get a new job so we can buy a new boat!" :)

Sharpening that resume up as we speak... ;)

Hey UT, aren't YOU the one who's shopping for a V-hull ocean runner? Hmmmm.... maybe you ought to be talking to Robert about some of those 353 or 382's he's got on the lot :D :D :D

Uncle Toys 01-23-2003 03:00 PM

Originally posted by dockrocker
Hey UT, aren't YOU the one who's shopping for a V-hull ocean runner? Hmmmm.... maybe you ought to be talking to Robert about some of those 353 or 382's he's got on the lot :D :D :D
No....this thread is about YOU! You started this thread by asking us to be the voice of reason - that's OSO speak for - please push me over the edge. I'm just being a good boat bro.....he,he,he.....

Dude, I've been over the edge for awhile and hangin by a thread known as Mrs. Toys. ;)

dockrocker 01-23-2003 03:28 PM

This dog has a prime rib appetite and a Dog Chow budget :(

Rippem 01-23-2003 03:55 PM

Robert...are you teasing me? I'll fly down to look at the '01 Torch if you give me low blue (driving lessons included) for my mint '32 "Dangerous" (not). :D Make my 353 dream come true Magicfloat!!

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 04:20 PM

Rippem, I don't need driving lessons for a pad vee:) I drove pad vee Allisons over 30 years ago, and as you know, that is basically Steve Stepps hulls. I'm only saying that the only big boat that's ever scared the ever livin' s**t out of me was a 320:):).What year is yours? I forgot since our last conversation. If we trade,would you give driving lessons to a prospective driver? Cause I won't :):):)

Rippem 01-23-2003 04:49 PM

Please don't be offended Robert...never meant to offend, just havin' fun as I know the impression some have of this hull. Powerboat said it best "this is not a beginner's performance boat. Even a seasoned driver will need time to dial himself into it completely...Put in the time, learn the nuances and you'll end up with an exeptional ride. Expect to get it wired immediately and you're in for an awakening." PB Mag Feb. 1997. :) See my posts in the Velocity forum for more insight, worthwhile read about this hull, I promise. ;) By the way...dockrocker has some serious insight! Here at The Center for Devine Metaphysical Powerboat Marketing Research, we have found that if you flip through the '03 Formula catalog backwards at double speed the Porter's do appear to have horn's and deliver subliminal bubble quotes of "buy me...buy me " We didn't notice the Beatles or Ozzie in any of the photos, but we're sure here at The Center that they work in marketing. :D Please read those posts I mentioned, and if your serious, I'll call you.

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 05:01 PM

Rippen, I wasn't offended at all, hope you didn't think I was. :) I'll check those posts.

Rippem 01-23-2003 07:46 PM

I'm glad, I would hate to be misunderstood. :) I've found Steve's boats to be alot of fun once you get a handle on them. I LMAO everytime I see "exitement comes standard" in his advertising. Gee...do you think he's in touch w/ the personality of the pad bottom? ;) sounds like it!

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 07:56 PM

Yeah, Steve is a good guy, and sort of a legend. I loved his boats, we just were not able to sell many. Awesome performance,dated styling, average detail and quality. His new stuff looks nice, but the 260 and 280 still have a bolt on swim platform, just doesn't work today,a pipe platform would look better but he would have a problem with the advertised length issues. If I wanted to buy the absolute fastest vee,step or non-step, it would have to be a Velocity.Unfortunatly, this is not what most of today's buyers want.