If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    "But officer, when you take into account the earth spinning, my relative speed was very slow. It only seems like I was speeding."

  2. #12
    Registered mr_velocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Originally posted by throttleup
    It is possible to have a ticket thrown out if the officer fails to testify properly! This is common particularly in small towns or rural counties. There are several key statements which the officer needs to state when on the stand. Many of them fail to reiterate ALL of these key points.

    Thus leading to fatal errors in their case! This can lead to:

    Case Dismissed
    No dice with the small town judges. Got nailed doing 95 mph in PA. Went to court, officer could not produce calibration records for the radar gun. The judge said "Well how far off could it be, I'll reduce the speed to 90 mph."

  3. #13
    mr velocity, you were screwed big time. The government (police) have no proof you were speeding without proving they were using a properly functioning radar unit. You were screwed royally. If you really want to get is a pissing match, forward the court decision and info to the Attorney General's office. However......95!!!!!! HeHeHe........!!!!

    Mark, I would think that is a giant pain in the rear, no doubt. I fought and won on calibration, becasue I really thought the radar "over clocked" me. This was in Cincy, judge threw it out without any hesitation when the officer could not produce callibration records. Knowing what I know now, and how many holes are in the radar gun proof, I would probably fight any future tickets, given I have the time.

    As mentioned above, it becomes a matter of whether it is worth it or not. Most times judges appreciate your effort and throw out court costs or fines....provided you are not in podunk, backwoods PA!!!! HHAHAHAAA. You have to act with professionalism and respect though, you don't wanna show up in sweat pants and a ball cap.

    Or, you could contact the prosecutor (they don't like screwing with speeding tickets, giant waste of time) and tell them you want a plea...i.e., fine only and no points.

    By the way, if the government agent (cop) is a no show, the case shoudl also be dismissed due to lack of proof again.

    Sorry about the long s***.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.