Notices

SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Rich, you aksed whose fault is it? Not sure we (society) will ever have a firm answer to that question other than "free will" (choice).

I'm referring to our complete lack of border security......not some lofty societal issue. I am basically pragmatic...if you give weak people an opportunity and an easy way, the majority will take that route.... "The path of least resistance".

Sal and Willie and Ben and the rest catered to a market begat in the "swinging 60's", a time that saw the disolution of a lot of America's fundamental moral code. (to me that was a mixed bag...we lost a lot of Victorian prudishness, but the price was the simultaneous loss of class, family, and self restraint). They were aided by some sleazy government activities in Latin America, and the media supported love for Marijuana (Cheech and Chong, Rock Stars, Woodstock, etc). I believe that Marijuana does lead to Coke, Horse, and the rest. These guys were opportunistic crooks who saw the market and filled it..........end of story.

The government could have stopped it cold, but , since there are a lot of tokers and sniffers in the halls of Washington, the major media, and show biz....that was out of the question.

Today they (we) reap what was sown back then with Mexican cartels murdering our citizens, generations lost to glue sniffing, speed balling, and crack dens, and billions of our tax dollars wasted on picking up the pieces after the fact.

To me an ounce of prevention in 1964 would have been worth a ton of cure today. But Goldwater lost to Johnson and the "Great Society" continues to slide downhill to this day, championed by Obama, Boxer, Barney Frank, et al, all of whom make Sal and Willie look like altar boys .

By the way...you may recall a fellow named Franklin Delano Roosevelt...beloved by many (not me...but many)....? His middle name "Delano" came from his mother's side of the family. The Delano's were among America's richest families and made their fortune in the late 19th and earlier 20th centuries. The fortune came from importing Cocaine..(legally back then)...and selling it to among others...The Coca Cola Company. (you could look it up). This goes right along with how the Kennedy's made their dough...... smuggling during Prohibition. Don't ever try and gloss over the commonality between our top politicians and organized criminal activity.

Getting back to the "boys"....hate the game...... not the player.

Nuff said......

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 11-12-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think anybody is saying that the way these guys made their money was good thing. Obviously they committed very horrific crimes and are paying for that now.

The only thing I can say about any of them is that they were good to me. I had no dealings with them outside of racing so I have no basis to comment on their lives away from the races. When I had my accident in Grand Haven the first person I saw after leaving the hospital was Sal. He was extremely generous and compassionate and he and Bob Kaiser offered to help me in any way they could. I can condemn him for his business, but not the way he was when he was at a race site.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I'm referring to our complete lack of border security......not some lofty societal issue. I am basically pragmatic...if you give weak people an opportunity and an easy way, the majority will take that route.... "The path of least resistance".

Sal and Willie and Ben and the rest catered to a market begat in the "swinging 60's", a time that saw the disolution of a lot of America's fundamental moral code. (to me that was a mixed bag...we lost a lot of Victorian prudishness, but the price was the simultaneous loss of class, family, and self restraint). They were aided by some sleazy government activities in Latin America, and the media supported love for Marijuana (Cheech and Chong, Rock Stars, Woodstock, etc). I believe that Marijuana does lead to Coke, Horse, and the rest. These guys were opportunistic crooks who saw the market and filled it..........end of story.

The government could have stopped it cold, but , since there are a lot of tokers and sniffers in the halls of Washington, the major media, and show biz....that was out of the question.

Today they (we) reap what was sown back then with Mexican cartels murdering our citizens, generations lost to glue sniffing, speed balling, and crack dens, and billions of our tax dollars wasted on picking up the pieces after the fact.

To me an ounce of prevention in 1964 would have been worth a ton of cure today. But Goldwater lost to Johnson and the "Great Society" continues to slide downhill to this day, championed by Obama, Boxer, Barney Frank, et al, all of whom make Sal and Willie look like altar boys .

By the way...you may recall a fellow named Franklin Delano Roosevelt...beloved by many (not me...but many)....? His middle name "Delano" came from his mother's side of the family. The Delano's were among America's richest families and made their fortune in the late 19th and earlier 20th centuries. The fortune came from importing Cocaine..(legally back then)...and selling it to among others...The Coca Cola Company. (you could look it up). This goes right along with how the Kennedy's made their dough...... smuggling during Prohibition. Don't ever try and gloss over the commonality between our top politicians and organized criminal activity.

Getting back to the "boys"....hate the game...... not the player.

Nuff said......

T2x
I have always respected your opinion and still do, your post is very well put.

I do not like the game, and I do not like the players, the players can choose another game. An addict that is deep in addiction has lost the power to say no, until jail, institution, or death occurs, unless the miracle of recovery begins, and that can happen too.

If I were bron 20 years earlier, I would have been a defendant along with that kind of crowd, but I choose to defend them and get paid that way..
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
When was the last time a gram of cocaine held a gun to somebody's head and said "snort me or die mutherphucker" ?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Is there a chewing tobbaco addict anywhere that you know ofGet real money is the root to all evil you want to put high school year book pictures of the pain inflicted ones??
Sorry, I can not decipher this.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Me either.......

But he seems very passionate....
Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
So when they come a knocking for ya (criminals), it is time to take your medicine (incarcertion). I'd rather see a defendant do time, than rat out his associates, but that is another thread, and I have my reasons for that position. So I will give my due respect to Sal Maglutta for not ratting/snitching.
Agreed 100%!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
Byproduct of successful drug smuggeling operation??
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Agreed 100%!

AGREED...100 times More...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

interesting tidbit... it is not just a human condition... many animals eat plants for there mind altering properties...

Quick Reply: SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.