Notices

SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That would make for a totally free Lawless society (Anarchy) . Free to do drugs, free to kill, steal ect. That really won't work in the USA. Current Laws (though flawed) are far better. Just my opinion.
Certainly laws are needed and the "boys" should have followed them. As should the "users" and the supply chain in between. There is no argument here that recreational drugs of any kind(excess alcohol, nicotine, prescription, home blended or "imported") create great damage, and I have little tolerance for addictive personalities and abusers.

My point goes back to the sanctimonious, self righteous, piety on this thread for which I have equal disdain.

I think Al Pacino said it best in his surprizingly realistic depiction of the old days as "Scarface". He was speaking to more than just the actors in that restaurant scene when he shouted (and I am paraphrasing): "Take a good look, you never see my kind again! I da bad guy....what dat make you.....good?"

IMHO all of the sermonizing on this thread doesn't make anybody "good" either.

T2x
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Certainly laws are needed and the "boys" should have followed them. As should the "users" and the supply chain in between. There is no argument here that recreational drugs of any kind(excess alcohol, nicotine, prescription, home blended or "imported") create great damage, and I have little tolerance for addictive personalities and abusers.

My point goes back to the sanctimonious, self righteous, piety on this thread for which I have equal disdain.

I think Al Pacino said it best in his surprizingly realistic depiction of the old days as "Scarface". He was speaking to more than just the actors in that restaurant scene when he shouted (and I am paraphrasing): "Take a good look, you never see my kind again! I da bad guy....what dat make you.....good?"

IMHO all of the sermonizing on this thread doesn't make anybody "good" either.

T2x
I think this is the single comment that most on here are reacting to.

Oh yeah...one more thing...they really were a lot of fun to be around.....and could flat out drive race boats like nobody's business.

The thread was about them, not the sermonizers.

No one cares about whether the people that commented on your post are " good ".

That wasnt the point.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

Oh yeah...one more thing...they really were a lot of fun to be around.....and could flat out drive race boats like nobody's business.

That wasnt the point.
Agree 100%.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True Free The Boys.

Last edited by deepimpact36; 11-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

That wasnt the point.

Well......they weren't boring to be around...and nobody ran out of the pits in protest at their presence...and they beat a lot of good racers..... What part of my sentence is untrue?

This thread has angered a bunch of people getting their knickers in a wad about a period in Offshore racing that featured smugglers racing in the top echelon of the sport.

This is a high performance boating web site, and the story concerns some guys in Offshore racing, who added to the notoriety of the sport.......This was never a sport for chorus boys........

If you object to those facts, or are somehow offended by them...I repeat...what does that make you....good?

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 11-15-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I think all of the high and mighty on here are just a little pissed off that they missed the glory days of this sport. Those days were great. The characters are what made the sport. And yes, they were a blast to be around. Fact is, they were great racers. Without their infusion of illegal money, many of the advances in boat racing technology would not have happened. They are in jail. They did horrific things. They also made the sport very popular.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to pick Sal & Willy's heads, about how deep they were in with Pablo Escobar & the Medelin Cartel. They both had to be damn near a part of the family, with how much product they were running for THEIR supplier.

Obviously that would never happen, but I love to read up on those old drug cartels & the people involved.

Those guys definitely made offshore racing much more competitive & noticable. Even though I don't agree with their choice of business any more than the rest of you guys, I am glad that they loved powerboats, & poured a lot of their money into them. Those races never get old to watch from those days.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

I have to admit those guys and others put a lot of money into offshore, CART and IMSA racing.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
I think all of the high and mighty on here are just a little pissed off that they missed the glory days of this sport. Those days were great. The characters are what made the sport. And yes, they were a blast to be around. Fact is, they were great racers. Without their infusion of illegal money, many of the advances in boat racing technology would not have happened. They are in jail. They did horrific things. They also made the sport very popular.
Saw it all and still dislike anyone involved with the drug business.
ed
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't seen on here anywhere where the sermonizers are against what BK or DW or any Number of others who started Boat companies with Weed money. is only the Jejo they have a problem with??????

Quick Reply: SAL~Miami cocaine kingpin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.