Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi 38zr (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41742-donzi-38zr.html)

Cord 01-23-2003 01:09 PM

Donzi 38zr

When we were at the chicago boat show, Waterfoul spent about an hour drooling over the new 38. :D In the mean time, I took notice of the aluminum tubular foot rest for the back seat. Can anybody provide me with some more information on that foot rest? Pics, links, etc are all appreciated. I tried to get on the Donzi site, but it seems to be down. :(

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 01:18 PM

I would get you a photo from our ZR,except it's 11 degrees in Alabama right now:)We are moving into the Bham Boat show sunday, I'll try to get a photo when it's inside and warm:)

Cord 01-23-2003 01:23 PM

Oh! That would be great! Don't suppose you could snap one of the grab handle too? Please?

audacity 01-23-2003 01:28 PM

what's a back seat for??? they are prety cool huh!....call donzi...they'll sell em to ya.

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 01:41 PM

Now that I think about it, I think some interior photos were posted here while my boat was being built, but it would take someone more computer smart than me to do the search. If no one finds it I take some photos Sun or Mon after we move in. Or you could come to the Bham Show, we are displaying 9 Formulas and 7 Donzis. I can supply free passes to OSO members:)

audacity 01-23-2003 01:48 PM

yes you did...i remember seeing them! very cool boat!

Ryan Beckley 01-23-2003 02:14 PM

My $.02 but it's probably not even worth that. Yes it sure does look cool. I don't want anything to do with the handles or foot rest when you spin the boat out. Those handles WILL sever body parts, and the foot rests will break bones when your foot get wedged in between the bars. Wellcraft used the sam set up in there F1 boats a few years back.

Cord 01-23-2003 02:49 PM

That's a good point Ryan. However, if you don't have some way to wedge yourself in the seat you'll end up below the dash. Did that once and it wasn't fun.

Fred-were those pics off the board? I'd like to get some high-res copies.

cigarette1 01-23-2003 02:51 PM

The footrbrace would be nicer if it were spaced more like the typical swim-platform.

Those handles look scary :eek:

G

Magicfloat 01-23-2003 03:11 PM

The footrests work great,very difficult to get your foot wedged in. I initially had the same thoughts on the grab handles, but after 3 Poker Runs as a rear seat passenger( my crew says I'm too old to drive aggressively) I have to say they work well,you can basically lock yourself in the seat with your feet on the footrests and both hands on the handles. We did all the Poker runs with 3 in the back and everyone felt secure.