Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Calm Before the Storm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41832-calm-before-storm.html)

chuckbeecher 01-24-2003 06:03 PM

I had one 25 years ago. Before they called the ambulance for hours I thought I was coming down with the flu...throw up, diahrea(sp?) fever, chills aching bones burning to pee. Did the hospital, dye tests x-rays and all...stayed two nights.had i.v. because I was dehydrated..felt better 2nd day..passed it 3rd day. Was the size of a piece of black pepper out of shaker! Under microscope it had multiple jagged edges like an arrow head and was porouse(sp?) like a piece of lava..knock on wood have never had another...heard it was closest man would come to experiencing childbirth!!!OUCH take care...this (that)too will pass!!!

mcollinstn 01-24-2003 06:26 PM

My sales rep is a pilot. He had a stone and came up for his annual flight doctor checkout. They grounded him until the stone passed or got blasted. Said some guys have driven planes into the ground from the pain before.

Never had one. Don't want one.

Sounds extremely painful.

Ron P 01-24-2003 06:34 PM

Tim, what can I say?

Be Well.

bucky 01-24-2003 06:54 PM

A buddy at work nearly died from one. When they tried to blast it they severed an artery by accident and he needed like 3 units of blood to get him stabilized. Needless to say he wasn't too pleased to go back to that hospital the next time.

rtaylor 01-24-2003 07:02 PM

Sharkey,

Sorry to hear about the pain. Never had one and hope never to. Not to change the subject, but I was looking on your site nad became enamored with a 32' boat, 7' beam, ventilated from the front. There were construction photos but there has been no update for a while now. Any info? I'manxious to hear how the boat rides.

Randy

Rippem 01-24-2003 07:13 PM

sharkeymarine, I'm a radiology tech. Never had a stone but see plenty of "victims" in the E.R. at night. I did alot of IVP's (the test that film was from) when I worked days. Do those 50cc syringes really look like caulking guns? That explains the look on the first timers face when I walk into the room with the drawn up contrast! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ted G 01-24-2003 07:47 PM

Hope you feel better Tim. Too bad the water's frozen, I figure 10 minutes in the little boat and that sucker would break up and fall out:D

I heard cranberry juice was good when I had one too.

Good Luck

Shanghied Again 01-24-2003 10:14 PM

Tim. Keep the stones on the ground were they belong. Gees I am going to to tell your wife to start making you lunches!! Only kidding get better.

tripps 01-25-2003 03:31 AM

Ouch!!!! good luck hope it all works out for you tripps

SHARKEY-IMAGES 01-25-2003 07:06 AM

Thanks guys!

Randy, The guy ran into some trouble with the risers for the Hemi. Last I saw, he ended up making his own. It became a winter project for now...
Soon as I get some more info on it, I will post it.
It's an interesting ride to say the least.....;)
Well......Gotta go pee again.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: