Crashed my neighbors trailer! >

Crashed my neighbors trailer!

Notices

Crashed my neighbors trailer!

Old 01-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crashed my neighbors trailer!

This absolutely SUCKS!!!!!! My neighbor(at the lake) and I are good friends. He let be borrow his enclosed snowmobile trailer last weekend when Excavator and I went to Vermont snowmobiling for a few days. I usually borrow it once or twice a year, the rest of the time I pull them on my open trailer or in other friends enclosed trailers. I brought it back to my house where we live during the week and washed and greased it at the firehouse and got all spiffyed up. Left for work and pulled into the drive thru lane at the bagel shop. Ordered, paid and pulled forward all the time watching to make sure that the sides cleared the stand pipe sticking out of the building. I never noticed the small awning over the service window. As I pull forward I hear this BANG and suddenly stop! I look back the the whole aluminum clam shell cover is smashed, bent, and mangled like a sardines can. Damn awning had NO DAMAGE at all! I guess it must have a strong steel frame. I mean this is one SMALL AWNING too! At least the trailer itself is okay but I have to spend 1500 big ones for a new cap! This sucks! And now the wife is mad too. I am 31 years old and NEVER had an accident. The guy that owns the bagel shop was really cool about it. Came out and helped me and everything.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Shane that sucks. Atleast there was nothing inside that got hurt. My buddy did the same thing to his truck in a parking garage and he has never lived it down.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Uncle Toys

Bummer! You are not having a good winter so far.

Old 01-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

Don't even think about borrowing my boat when you come to Florida, As long as no one got hurt I wouldn't sweet it, money can fix the trailer.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear that. At least nothing too serious and no one got hurt. Besides, it could be worse, you could have damaged something of mine!!
Old 01-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Registered

sucks!..if it makes you feel better i pulled out of the garage, to leave for x-mas/new year in key west, with my cap's door up! you guessed it....it not only pulled the door off the cap....but the garage door off as well!
Old 01-24-2003, 01:10 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. No, nothing got hurt, just my pride. The sleds ar efine and the aluminum is so thin that the only way to fix it is simply replace it. It is a bolt on item and takes only an hour at most, just $1500 that could have been put to better use. That, and again, in 15 years of driving not one accident. Then this! Most expensive bagel I ever got! I was thinking, maybe I could haul TomCat around...
Old 01-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might use the walk in service next time too huh? I never try drive up windows with the enclosed sled trailer on,it makes the reach for the donuts too far as it way wider than my chevy. What brand of cover is it Shane,theres a few places up here blowin out the glass toy covers for about 800 canadian.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If you have home owners insurance check with them they may cover "borrowed" equipment. It may have to be on your property though wink wink nod nod...
Old 01-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Registered

It's a sled bed trailer with a Blizzard aluminum cover. I want to replace it EXACTLY as it was. It is only the right thing to do. I should have told the agent it hit my own house but then if they came to investigate the damage on the house...

Quick Reply: Crashed my neighbors trailer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.