Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boating club of Lake Norman >

Boating club of Lake Norman

Notices

Boating club of Lake Norman

Old 01-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Initially, you only need enought locally commited members to put the event together. I'm sure the restraunts and marinas would be in on it. It should be easy to get some of the car dealers and boat dealers to be sponsors too. Maybe you could get Mike Nichols of Black Thunder and Ben Hedrick of Safety marine products to help out. Plan it on a weekend that the Nascar boys are not racing and I'm sure they will come out to play also.

Just some ideas-I know you would have no problem drawing a crowd of boaters. that would be a great way to get a mailing list together to further membership for your club.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:56 PM
OneMoreMph

I don't even have a boat yet, but as soon before this summer, I will be looking for some friends on the lake. As long as you don't mind a 27 being in your club!

I've done lots of looking, and I just don't see a club around this area.

Old 01-26-2003, 06:58 PM
sauron

Count me in. I may not be able to attend meetings but would join. Very interested in Poker run if dates do not conflict with races. 32 Fountain Roger

Old 01-27-2003, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

We are planning on going to the Winter chill out in virgina are there any others that have responded to this thread going.If so we can get details of the club up and running.
Thanks
David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 01-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds interesting -- count me in !
Old 01-27-2003, 08:40 AM
jonesj

I like the Idea count me in.
I have a question for Ambusher, TJ you might not remember me but we went to high school together. My name is Jamie Jones

Old 01-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Registered

Default Lake Norman Boat Club and future Poker Runs

Vagrant, enjoyed our conversation yesterday and look forward to getting together in the next week or two and work with you on some details. I believe you have gotten enough response that this deal will snowball. I am sure that many of the restaurants, that I practically live in, on the lake would support us along with some other area businesses. The club would be good for the lake as well. A poker run in the near future would be great. See you soon
Old 01-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Steet,
We are leaving Saturday for Richmond, for the Winter Chill out. I hope to have more information about members. I guess the first thing to do will be setup a mailing list and get some information out.I will call you on Friday to discuss futher. I also want to talk to some of the Richmond Club guys to see how they got started and learn from them.
Thanks,
David

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 01-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by vagrant
Steet,
We are leaving Saturday for Richmond, for the Winter Chill out. I hope to have more information about members. I guess the first thing to do will be setup a mailing list and get some information out.I will call you on Friday to discuss futher. I also want to talk to some of the Richmond Club guys to see how they got started and learn from them.
Thanks,
David
David, look me up while you're in town and I'll share any advise I can. It better be early Saturday - I can fill up with BS after a few beers..

I'll have a red Cigarette polo on..
Old 01-28-2003, 11:28 AM
jonesj

TJ whats up man, I sent you a reply to your E-mail, but I don't know if you got it, my E-mail has been real messed up here lately. Send me another if you didn't and we will catch up. Jamie

Quick Reply: Boating club of Lake Norman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.