Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Corvette info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41935-ot-corvette-info.html)

puder 01-26-2003 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 1

Mrs. Polli Check this out!!!!

puder 01-26-2003 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic 2

wwwTOPDJcom 01-26-2003 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had this 82 crossfire ,there was a guy in the back of the
corvette mags that bored crossfires injectors out and made them breath better, My main goal was to make tha motor look stock
But when I was done I had underdrive pulleys , computer
mods, and a full hooker header, solid motor mounts
the tranny took a puke on the 2nd time I had it build
with a higher stall coverter, thing was a hell of a street racer
:D
Oh I forgot Those header sidepipes had to be the Hardest thing
I ever installed!
as for a C4 I would'nt get it unless it was 91 up LT1's
much improved Or it was a Really good deal and was at least an 85 with auto, Not a fan of the 4+3 , you will find a few
85 and ups that had custom conversions to 5 speeds

gmhdfan 01-26-2003 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
Love the side pipes Bryan. Just not a big fan of the C3. Its too small inside for my taste.

Ron, wait till you have to CLIMB out of the C4 :eek: Hope your driveway isn't on a hill.:D It's a ***** holding the door open and climbing out. The C5 is so user freindly and makes as much power as a ZR1 did. Which was made by Murcury Marine in case anyone cares.:)

puder 01-26-2003 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
circus clown????????

puder 01-26-2003 01:36 PM

fyi the old hoopty in the background was my granfathers car. It got donated.........

gmhdfan 01-26-2003 01:37 PM

Man it will not let you use Hillary Clinton middle name? Good thing this isn't a show dog site.

Puder, don't you own an American car somewhere:confused:

Ron, The Mrs would deffently look better in the Vette:cool:

mcollinstn 01-26-2003 01:40 PM

you mentioned both cars are Z51 cars?
Worst, stiffest, most abusive suspension settings GM ever installed in an automobile. (84,85 only - I think 86 was the revamp of the suspension).

If they aren't creaking and groaning at 10k miles, then the owner must've vaselined every door, window, hatch, and top seal. Ferocious rough ride. They tamed it later and gave up nothing at all in the handling department.

Crossfire motor is not bad, just slow. Also prone to dirty nozzles which make idling rough. Also, as mentioned, vacuum leaks thru bad intake seals (Huuuge gasket around top of intake "tub" fails with regularity).

4+3 had QC problems, but was sturdy enough. Doug Nash 4-speed with an electronic overdrive at the tail. Most issues were in the OD actuation. This transmission is THE reason there were no 83 Vettes. Holdups and internal recalls at Nash caused the release date to move out and out and out until there were no 83 cars at all..

LT1 Vette is as far "back" as I would go in a C4. The LT1 combo is a great improvement. No trouble at ALL finding one for under $20k.

I sold a '99 C5 6-speed for $27,500 last year (62k miles).

Deals are certainly out there. I'd pass on the 84/85 unless you have a real soft spot in your heart for them (I don't but you might).

TYPHOON 01-26-2003 02:10 PM

Ron you are a circus clown no matter what you drive.Save your money and buy an older vett. I have a 66 convertable nassau blue,black interior 44,000 original miles with a simple 327 motor.Stars every time and turns heads.The best part is its an investmant that goes up every year not down.
Randy (another clown)

gmhdfan 01-26-2003 02:19 PM

Sidepipes LOL I have a pair. Every girlfreind you dated still has a burn scar on the inside of her right leg. Right.:D :cool: