Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SE florida Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42027-se-florida-boating.html)

florida gator 01-28-2003 09:10 AM

There are alot of rivers and creeks on the west coast with gulf access. Some are even fresh water so you flush yourself out coming in.

Jayl13 01-28-2003 09:14 AM

Job is in boca not west coast
Jason

AC 01-28-2003 09:16 AM

Hey Jason,

I have a water front lot in Cape Coral that leads out to the Gulf.
It's for sale.

AC
:D

Jayl13 01-28-2003 09:21 AM

Okay
geography lesson
Boca is on atlantic ocean not gulf of mexico
Boca is between Ft Lauderdale and Miami
sort of delray beach, boca, west palm beach area

While I would love to find a place on west coast , Tampa, St Pete, clearwater ect that is NOT where this job is
And I refuse to drive 4 hrs each way to work hows that?
Jason

florida gator 01-28-2003 11:05 AM

My apologies. I didn't pay attention to the Boca part. I thought you were just looking at coming to sunny Florida.

Jayl13 01-28-2003 11:11 AM

I am definately, Im getting sick of this cold mess up here and the nuts real estate up here
everything is just getting out of control up here
houses that are worth about 79.50 are going for 445 thou
2 br on .33 acres with a run down garage, origional siding and windows from 1944, half burnt chimney, no new paint in 40 years with a roof half caved in for almost 400 thou
Just way out of control and I refuse to pay it and do it
all new construction is like 975 thou + with 17000 in taxes per year.
Hello most of us dont make 400 thou a year to pay that BS either
so its like we are forceably being run out of our neighborhoods cause of the all mighty dollar
Hell for 1 million bucks with a foot of snow on the front yard of a .75 acres house and 1500 a month in RE taxes alone let alone 10 grand a month for mortgage and your neighbors are all bum's and jerk off's that bought 250 dollars worth of Amazon and Yahoo stock for 30 cents a share and sold them for 190 bucks a share
okay im venting forget it
Im saying this
For what houses cost
I would rather be nice, warm, have a few PALM trees on my property and not have to worry about Diesel fuel gelling up and burning up my fuel pump and have my truck at the dealer for almost a week
Hows that?

Jason

CigDaze 01-28-2003 11:22 AM

Jay,

That's one thing that you will be able to escape easily down here.
Without getting personal about your finances, if you've made it this far up in the "great" white north, you'll do just fine.

It is getting out of control and it had been for years. Glad I moved when I did. ;)

Jayl13 01-28-2003 11:26 AM

Well I do see boca and other houses on intercoastal and all the lauderdale homes and stuff over 1 million gets you an okay house
over 2 million gets you a nice house
over 3 million gets you a REALLY nice house
over 4 million gets you a KILLER nice house
over 5 million why the hell did you not buy it sooner jackass cause you had the money years ago

im a normal dude making an okay wage
im not rich by any standards and dont care to be.
but I swear all these new yorkers are coming down from Manhattan and buying up all these houses everywhere around here and what you could afford in PA now you cant
just sucks hairy moose balls if you ask me
but for buku bucks, I would rather be in Florida than up here
so daze, how many hrs have you put on the baja in the last 2 months?
Jason

HebertNecessity 01-28-2003 11:37 AM

Hey Jay I would like to help, I'm a Realtor in Ft Lauderdale and handle Boca Del Ray, It's expensive but $$$ are cheap, property is a great investment now, call me @ 954-805-9828

Hugh

Tim, I will be joining the ranks of Pantera soon, we boat all the time. My current boat has 1400hours time to upgrade.

CigDaze 01-28-2003 11:37 AM

December and January = Approx. 16 hours!
3 times out in Dec. 2 times out in Jan! :D

You're right about the outrageous prices!

The rule in FL is how many miles from the coast.
The closer, the more expensive and outrageous.

After two or three miles, a 'normal dude' like you and I should have no problem finding a nice place in a nice neighborhood.

If you want land, though, generally speaking you have to move further inland.