Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Will we go to war with Iraq? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42033-will-we-go-war-iraq.html)

burtandnancy 01-27-2003 03:45 PM

My guess is that Sadam will flee his country with his cronies before we start shooting (I hope he tries to fly out thru a no-no zone). He can't burn the oil fields this time because we've got them protected. A convoy would get blown away by a drone. He'll have to crawl out. Hope only that he doesn't set off some of his biologicals first...

Shane 01-27-2003 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Dano
Uhhhh... what about North Korea then?

Have nukes? Yup
Have Bio? Yup
Have missles? Yup
Repressive? Oh yeah
Desperate? no doubt
Have oil? Nope

Hmmmmm could we be starting a trend here?

I agree North Korea is a hot bed, but no the powder keg that Hussein is. North Korea seems to care if they live and they seem to want to become part of the global community. Difference is, tehy need oil and money and their tactics from a BIG DISTANCE (our view point as ordinary citizens) are more political in nature than as serious a threat as Iraq. Agreed, my instincts come from what the news media tells us. I really have no other sources for info. However, after reading alot, and watching and listening, I think Iraq is a MUCH MORE viable threat to us or our allies than North Korea. I certainly may be wrong, but that is my take on the situation.

Risk Taker 01-27-2003 03:55 PM

Daze and JohnJan......I totally agree. And don't forget the attemped assassination of #41 !!!:hothead: :hothead:

Dano.....their next. Dont' forget the "axis of evil." They (Iran, Irq and North Korea) were mentioned for a reason. It was to set the groundwork to take care of all three of them over time.....one by one.....:D :D

neu-rich 01-27-2003 03:56 PM

I Have A Question? Why Are We (US) In Ever Elses Business... We Can't Even Keep Our Economy Going.... Homeless On The Streets, Unemployment, Schools Are A Mess..... I Don't Understand Why We Are So Dependent On Other Countrys???? If We Need A Product Thats Not Made In The U.S. Then Build A Factory And Produce The Product....
You Watch We Will End Up Bombing The Hell Out Of Iraq And Then We Will Spent Thousands Of U.S. Dollars Rebuilding The Country.........

I Just Don't Get It.....

Jeff

CigDaze 01-27-2003 04:12 PM

N. Korea has the same deadly potential. However, I believe they may be more restrained.

Secondly, They'll have to wait. The clinton administration eliminated our ability to conduct two simultaneous "Major Theatres of War" (MTW)

Can't Even Keep Our Economy Going.... Homeless On The Streets, Unemployment, Schools Are A Mess.....
These are complex socioeconomic issues that all civilized nations face. These problems are pale in comparrison to the alternatives of not defending our national interests by procrastinating.

Make no mistake, it will come unto our soil if inaction continues.
It has started already...

Donzi38ZX 01-27-2003 04:33 PM

Also, do not forget that some of the economic issues we are facing today resulted from the threat hitting our own soil namely 9/11. I realize the economy already had problems but there is no question they were worsened by the terrorist attacks. Look at United Airlines.

As far as N. Korea, them still seem willing to engage in a diplomatic solution. If that fails and a conflict does start it will certainly be messier than a war with Iraq. Will China sit on the sidelines?

powerqrudy 01-27-2003 04:38 PM

yes, I just hope we get it done quick and get our attention back on the nations economy. Like keep going on the tax cuts.

SABER28 01-27-2003 04:52 PM

o course we will, how else does GWB keep your attention off his miserable stewardship of the economy?

mopower 01-27-2003 05:00 PM

I believe most third world countrys already hate the US. So that makes us the bad guys. WE should work on the rest of Europe for support first.
At least last time(when we didn't finish the job) we had the backing of the UN and a large number of nations. Also we weren't attacking Iraq , but liberating Kawait from Iraq invasion. Hence we were the "good guys".
IMHO if we sprearhead the attack of Iraq we could be in a world of chit because ,lets face it , Saddam is one crazy MoFo. He's already used chemical weapons on his own people. And when we attack , we go after military installations/munition dumps/airports...things that will stop HIM and save as many innocent people as possible. If he does anything here it will be on the general pubic , ala , WTC.
My idea...take him out quitely...Supranos style:D

SABER28 01-27-2003 05:04 PM

seems to me that bush's war mongering has left us hated by the world once again:(