Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Luck O' The Irish Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42040-luck-o-irish-poker-run.html)

Dock Holiday 02-27-2003 08:31 PM

Originally posted by fishead
Russ,
How was the Miami run?.Did you get my check.I am looking forward to it.My girlfriend is really excited also.Tell leslie I said hello.I am in LA and heading to NY tonight.I had to fly some crappy schedules in order to get the time off for the run.I sent my tailpipes back to Stellings and they are going to extend them for a 100 bucks each and they will be full water Jacketed.They are shipping them back on Friday.Give me a jingle.
Mark

Hey Mark,

How's it going buddy?

Looking forward to seeing the Cat in action. How are the new motors working out?

See you in Savanna.

Mark

Steet 02-27-2003 08:44 PM

Poker Run

One thing that I have not done is reserved a slip for the boat. Do we need to do anything about a slip? I need one for a 39 footer. Do we need to call or just let someone know? Everything else I believe is taken care of. Thanks

Dock Holiday 02-27-2003 08:46 PM

Re: Poker Run

Originally posted by Steet
One thing that I have not done is reserved a slip for the boat. Do we need to do anything about a slip? I need one for a 39 footer. Do we need to call or just let someone know? Everything else I believe is taken care of. Thanks
Steve.

Russ has it handled. Your bow will stick about about 25 feet though! :D

Have you got your boat back yet?

Mark

Steet 02-27-2003 09:00 PM

Poker Run

Hey Dock, Yeah, I picked up the boat on Valentines day and towed it to Ft. Lauderdale and left it at Everglades Marina and picked it up on Monday and towed it to the keys for the rest of the week. Beautiful weather and boating. Brought the boat home to the ice and rain. Poor Baby. It is ready for the March run though. Hope to be on the lake this weekend. Near 63 Sunday. Need to make sure the gas doesn't go bad. See you soon.

BulletProof 02-27-2003 09:09 PM

Hey guys! Dockage and overhead hoist is avail at Hogans. the overnight rate is . 75 per ft and if you want to hoist in, its 1.00 per foot and it includes launch and recovery. There is also a ramp right across the street if you want to back in. Just remember its salt water here.

Steve: Dock said you were bringing a jon boat w/ a 9.9 and only need a 14 ft slip....:)) :))

Mark: I did get your check and everything is handeled. Make sure your boat is running so yall will have a backup!!!

fishead 02-28-2003 02:29 PM

Hey Doc,
Nice to hear from you.The boat is comming along but will not be ready in time for Russ's Run but should be ready for the run in Daytona in April.I will be on Pauls Boat with my girlfriend.She is new to this and very excited.I will bring Pics so everybody will know I am telling the truth that I have a boat.I basically have a bout a week of work left if the weather holds but have been working alot to pay for this addiction.I am actually on a trip now in LA and will be home on Sunday but go back out again on Tuesday.Talk to you soon.How is your lovely wife?
Mark

Dock Holiday 02-28-2003 04:38 PM

Originally posted by fishead
Hey Doc,
Nice to hear from you.The boat is comming along but will not be ready in time for Russ's Run but should be ready for the run in Daytona in April.I will be on Pauls Boat with my girlfriend.She is new to this and very excited.I will bring Pics so everybody will know I am telling the truth that I have a boat.I basically have a bout a week of work left if the weather holds but have been working alot to pay for this addiction.I am actually on a trip now in LA and will be home on Sunday but go back out again on Tuesday.Talk to you soon.How is your lovely wife?
Mark

Mark,

The wife is doing GREAT. She is very excited about the run. I told her I talked with you via the forum and she's glad you will be at the run.

Stay awake up there in the sky now! I don't know how you do it?

You had better bring those pictures!:D

Steet 02-28-2003 04:46 PM

Slip Size

I don't believe it will be a problem with the smaller slip. In my tool kit I have a chain saw for emergencies. (Slip enlargement, Getting Doc out of the woods, etc.)

Dock Holiday 02-28-2003 04:50 PM

Re: Slip Size

Originally posted by Steet
I don't believe it will be a problem with the smaller slip. In my tool kit I have a chain saw for emergencies. (Slip enlargement, Getting Doc out of the woods, etc.)
:D :D :D :D

I hear you can cut a Velocity in half pretty easy!:rolleyes:

vagrant 02-28-2003 05:38 PM

Sonya and I really looking forward to this poker run. We have our on Driver this year. I think you guys know him as (Baja ummm Dock Holiday). Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some boating fun. I can't wait to go 100 miles a hour. The Dock Holiday Baja should be leading the pack. See yall when we get there.
David