Notices

Bike shipping costs

Old 01-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bike shipping costs

I am half looking for a new toy and have been searching on ebay and a few other sites for a motorcycle. There are alot located in cali, for reasons that dont need to be stated just like florida. I was sondering if anyone knew the rough cost of shipping a bike from california to orlando. I am looking at either a yamaha R6 or R1, or MAYBE a custom(leaning towards the yamaha).

OR

Does anyone have one for sale/ know someone I can contact?

If I cant "steal" a bike, I am finding the used Yamahas are selling for almost the cost of a new one, I will hit the local yamaha dealership.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, I have a friend here who has a custom shop. His bikes are awesome. It is called Xtreme Cycle Works. I can get his info if you like.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Gold Member

I dont think I can afford a new one, so on the customs I was looking towards a used one, but I am not ruling them out. What does his prices fall in around? I am going to guess in the 25k+ range. I might be wrong but I think I will be close.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

I am leaning more towards the yamahas mostly because of the prices the custom builders want. Not that I dont think the bikes are worth the money, I just dont want to drop 20K+ on a bike! The more I think about it, I think the yamaha is more of what im looking for. In a few years Ill go get a fat fendered custom rigid.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Registered

man ...you missed otu on my turbo Moto-Martin...sold it on e-bay not long ago ....cheap..

could always build a custom jap bike...what kinda ridding you looking to do ?
Old 01-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Registered

I used to deliver alot of bikes that were sold off of eBay. The major shipper was JP motors and shipped world wide. The carrier in the US was North American Van Lines HVP division. Call a local agent and ask for an HVP ( High Value Products) rep.
We shipped everything from a POS to a '60's Ducati race bike valued more than some cars.

They also shipped many show bikes around the country.

Good luck, Doug
Old 01-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Buddy of mine had a custom shipped from Cali to Arkansas couple of years ago. Cost was around $500 to go that far.

Buck
Old 01-27-2003, 05:49 PM
JTB
Registered

I shipped a bike from Texas to New York. I went with North American Vanlines. They came to my house and put the bike on a crate then bubble wrapped it. It arrived at my brothers house in New York, unwrapped it and put it in the garage. Only cost me 600.00. It was first class all the way.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Auto Sales & Leasing
Platinum Member

Go to this site if you're interested in a new bike. For a small fee, you can find out dealer invoice. They also have dealer invoice on jetski's.

http://www.cyclecost.com/
Old 01-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Check out Riva Yamaha in Pompano. They sell the top of the line modified and stock stuff.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-27-2003 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Bike shipping costs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.