Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   F2-15 to run APBA Super V lite twin in 2003 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42061-f2-15-run-apba-super-v-lite-twin-2003-a.html)

sauron 01-27-2003 07:49 PM

F2-15 to run APBA Super V lite twin in 2003

Two time SBI World Champions and two time and defending 2002 National Champions in Factory 2 will be competing in the APBA in 2003. David Knight (throttles) and Roger Ausley (driver) stated that the rising number of competitors and APBA's strict rule enforcement was the deciding factor in the move. With the Vortec program the competition should be great in the coming year. Look for the team in Daytona come April.

THEJOKER 01-28-2003 08:56 AM

congrats........

This is great news! F2-15 should do very well in SVL Twin. I'm sure Rick Turmel and Matt Rice will work even harder now. This APBA Class is the future of V-Bottom racing! BH

DJD 01-28-2003 09:09 AM

Ya big girl. LOL
You told me you were retiring after last season. I guess I have to go find another boat now? Damn! You always make me spend money!

sauron 01-28-2003 05:02 PM

DJD, I did this just to get you interested again. WE MISS YOU! Do not know about that throttle man though. LOL Get a boat and get back in the action. I heard that Joe Sgro and Peter Meyer are fixing the old Shockwave to race SVL too! You and Marcus are two great competitors and the sport needs you. Roger

THEJOKER 01-28-2003 08:36 PM

Miccosukee Indian Gaming SBI -SVL Twin

I heard through the grapevine that Brett is coming to APBA Offshore also. This class is going to be the big daddy in V-Hull competition. Welcome Brett - BH

sauron 01-28-2003 09:16 PM

Jesse, Our old boat was a 89-90 MPH boat with 509 Carb motors. It handled great in the turns as some of our competitors will acknowledge, but with the new Vortec engines I would imagine it would run in the low 90's. Great boat.

THEJOKER 01-28-2003 10:21 PM

Lance's right hand.......

JJ - Lance Henrichsen has alot to do with the Speedwear Victories , Todd welling can drive that boat also. It ain't how fast ya go, it's how long ya go fast. Sauron I was in Deerfield when you guy's spun the open cockpit F2 Boat . You guy's pushed the Fountain to the limit, no doubt. BH

1HYPER1 01-28-2003 10:46 PM

I am glad to see you get away from SBI and go to APBA.I think you will have a great time and when you win a race you will actually get paid your prize money.You & crew I think will have much success because you run a great program.GOOD LUCK

Rick#29 01-29-2003 02:05 AM

Great to see Roger and David in the class,True champions and if Joe and Peter in Shockwave, then have Brett and Todd in Miccosukee boat all three teams are past WORLD and National Champions. I will have to stay even later at the shop finding more MPH In PIER 57 And we will see who is ready to" Dear to Air" in Daytona!

Jana 01-29-2003 07:05 AM

This is getting good! Can't wait to see all of you in Corpus this spring!