From the home office in Grand Rapids, Michigan:
Ten best reasons to hate Southern California Boaters
10. Itís always warm, and when its not they walk around in Hawaiian shirts anyway.
9. Theyíre always saying ď Hey dude, how much X dimension do you run?Ē
8. Thereís got to be a law against boating year round when we only get three months in the Midwest
7. Some guy named Nort always makes fun of us Midwesterners.
6. Even their tow vehicles look like they belong to some hommie from East LA
5. Itís the only Cigarette they can smoke in public
4. A Skater just might be a teenager on a set of wheels with skinned knuckles.
3. Where else can you drive your boat flat out for an hour with some idiot watersking behind you?
2. Fresh Sushi all year round.
And the number one reason to hate Southern California Boaters..
1. Your earring is in which ear ?
And your point is? Sounds like paradise to me!
Armed Forces Racing
Go shovel some snow!!
Last edited by Steamin' Rice; 01-28-2003 at 01:30 PM.
you So Cal guys take this to seriously. I made up this thread as a take off on Phantom's "So. Cal 4 day thread"
I Am JEALOUS about your weather.
Anyone in San Diego or L.A. need an Mergers & Acquisitions professional?
Find me a job outside of the automotive industry and I will load up the truck.
in So Cal boating.
Did we meantion it was 80 degrees last Sat and Sun. And needing aloa vera in January should have fit in there somewhere
I hope you guys lose your Oakleys.
Jealous in Michigan
And that's only the first 10...
HEY!!!!!!!! SoCal is pretty darn great!!!
Where else can you have a day like this:
1. Get up early (or leave the after-hours party at the Playboy mansion) and head for the swells at first light and walk a long board in 4-5 foot surf in Hintington Beach. Don't forget the SPF.
2. After an hour.........pack up and head for the hills snacking on an Egg McMuffin, a power bar and some Gatoraid while making your way to Big Bear. Remember the SPF. Shread some 1/2 pipes doing some twisting helicopters, double bunny loops and other "new school" moves.
3. Maybe three hours and you pack it up again heading for Newport Harbor. Calling ahead, the girls from Hooters across from Lido DryStack know you're on the move, and have taken your 42 Tiger off the rack and have waiting for you in the water when you get there. Of course, there is that 30 minute idle out of the harbor, so you you ask the girls to rub your back on the way out.
Not so bad huh?
Yes we do have great weather and we do ski for an hour. This was our little trip (26 miles) to Catalina Sunday. Yes, Craig did ski the entire 26 miles. Then to Busy Bees for Drinks. The Marlin Club for more drinks. Back home for the game.
Last edited by Flashwave; 01-28-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine