If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Edison NJ USA

Who likes the sound of HP.

Who likes HP noise at the expense of not hearing what other people are saying?I personaly would rather listen to the music of the HP than anything anyone on the boat was saying.What are your views?

My Boats:
    1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Lewis Center, Ohio

My Boats:
    2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO
    Count me in as a YES!!!! I love the sound of the HP,but unfortunately I`m gonna have to go OB on my next boat. 300 `x promaxs cause I dont have enough cha-ching for the IO`s. I`m gonna miss the rumble.

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA
    Ya, I'm not much for conversation while underway. I am too busy driving and listening to my motor. We can talk when we get where we are going.

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    I'll probably get stoned for this last one was loud...louder than most inside the boat because of side exit exhausts.the noise wasn't deflected by a swim platform. Yeah it was neat...but my Formula with Silent Thunder exhaust tends to grow on you .
    A nice mellow rumble , but you don't have to shout to the person a foot away Plus boating in NH occasionally , they have some way strick noise laws AND illegal switchable exausts
    The Silent Thunder doesn't hurt top end at all , so I guess I can live with it. Besides that , like I was told by Lakeport Landing Marina , a Formula dealer on Lake Winnipesaukee , when it comes to speed limits , you can go faster quietly because you don't attract as much attention. That's what cost me my last noise ticket...the marine patrol HEARD me coming before they SAW me
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

Definately better, besides that when you are speeding across the lake all you can hear is the wind in your face, even if you had quiet motors you couldnt have much of a conversation because of the wind noise

My Boats:
    25 Ocean Express
    Cass Lake Michigan
    Big HP ..... BIG TIME!!!!!! LOVE That Sound...... Although I have O.B's now it's still a little loud but it sure sounds GOOD!!!!!!!!!

My Boats:
    Eliminator, 26 Daytona; 2001
    I'll take the HP over the sound of some one elses voice any day.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    Silent Thunder all the way.
    Earsplitting crackle around the docks gets a little old.
    I LOVE hp. I LOVE the sound of hp.

Years of motocross, race-tuned roadracing superbikes, and 4-into-1 street headers on motorcycles has started to catch up with me (my ears ring ALL the time these days - not horribly, but noticeably).

My drag outboards were the loudest things I have EVER been around (except top fuel motors and jet airplanes, of course).

I always want to hear my motors (in a go-fast boat) but Silent Thunder is "just about right".

There is a line, however.
    I feel a 100 mph boat should make your eyelids twitch every time a big piston fires off a stroke. I feel your bones in your chest should hurt as it idles choppily nearby. I feel you should take notice and stop to watch it blast by, drowning out the music from your stereo while you sit at anchor.

BUT, I am sick of 65 to 85 mph boats screaming the same loud song, pretenders to the REAL muscle out there.

Am I wrong?
    I see London, I see France...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast