Notices

I'm moving to Fort Myers

Old 01-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!
Thanks for all of the support!
Yeah, I still need to land a job down there. I am going to stay here through March or so working at my current job. Hopefully the economy takes a turn for the better SOON!!!
Whatever. I'll collect cans on I-75 for beer and fuel money if I have to.
I'm looking forward to hooking up with you guys. I need someone to show me around and keep me off the sandbars, (unintentually, that is).
I am always reading on the manatee issue when it comes up. Sounds like a real pain in the ass. Although, I still see people posting pics of themselves on the water in December, so it couldn't be all that bad. Hey, at least I don't know what I am missing out on since the new restrictions. From what I keep reading, it seems like the treehuggers won't be happy until there are no powerboats on the water.

ChrisK- I may have room for the bike. I'll know for sure next week.

HyperBaja-You can sit on ChrisK's new bike, in the trailer.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:34 AM
mmo jo

What line of work are you in?

Old 01-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Welcome to FT.MARS. I been here 30 years,raised both my kids here and its still great in my book.If it wasnt for all these old koots trying to make everything right that they screwed up,we wouldnt have a problem in the world. MEL TEAM VIXEN P4 16
Old 01-31-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Brian, good luck hope you enjoy the warm weather.
Martin.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brian,if you can make it down before the end of march the Offshore boys and gales put on a heck of a polker run.Had 80 some boats last year,coverd about 120 miles.It winds up at the Bridge for the card opening and party. Team Vixen.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:11 PM
mmo jo

Mel! Stay out of the left lane. Tom D

Old 01-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Registered

Flyinbrian,
Congrats on the move. We will miss you next year at the Alum shootout!!! Let me know the details of being able to help out Chrisk about the transfer of the bike....I am the other end of the OSO chain on that one. I am trying to help him get it to the warmer state as easy and cost effective as possible. Let me know where to meet you!!!! Anyway if you can give him a hand feel free to send me a PM about the details. One other thing, I am extremely jeolous of you right now. Wish I was getting away from the white stuff. Oh well, in a couple of years I will have my graduate degree then ......... HELLO SUNSHINE!!!

Aqua
Old 01-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom D,You have a problem?Explain. MEL
Old 01-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, this might just work out great!....You get to move, I get a new bike.. and I can help finance some gas and of course a dinner or something if you are around in the orlando area at that time . You will LOVE Florida!.. I am headed out this sunday up the river, it looks like the weather will cooperate with us and give us a GREAT day of boating!... We where looking at going to gasperilla in Tampa, but decided to just run the river instead. The "almost year round boating" you will love!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Registered

Aqua and ChrisK-
I sent both of you PM's.

mmo jo-
My line of work for the past eight years has been in telecommunications. I have worked for SBC/Ameritech as a Cable Locater, Lineman, Lineman crewleader, Splicer, and Engineer.

With the way the government has been changing laws and regulations in the industry, they have managed to make jobs that were once as stable as it gets, to a job that may be eliminated at any given time. Without jumping on a soapbox, I'll sum it up by saying, the way the government allowed competition into the local telephone market has been damaging to both the consumer and the companies.

I am looking into other career paths outside of telecommunications as well. The door is wide open.

Quick Reply: I'm moving to Fort Myers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.