Notices

APBA Daytona Race

Old 01-30-2003, 01:22 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they going to launch from New Smyrna Beach again this year??

That sucks if you wish to wander hot pits.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:13 PM
MarinePerformance

We were out with the APBA guys on Tuesday and it looks like the wet pits may be at the Sea Love Marina in Ponce inlet and not at the power plant this year.

We're starting our testing for the race tomorrow.....

jc

Old 01-31-2003, 06:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

JC,
Good luck today! Weather looks like it will be awesome. I wish I could come up to help, but the customer, (USMC) is in town this week and, uh, well, you know, DUTY calls. Call me later after you guys get done testing!
MD
Old 02-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got our ailine tickets 4/10-4/14
Does anyone know what the host hotel is

Randy
Old 02-03-2003, 03:25 PM
TulsaLarry

Daytona may not be quite as scenic this year:

Nudity Law Passes In Daytona
Law Requires One Third Of Buttock To Be Covered
Posted: 6:18 a.m. EDT October 3, 2002
Updated: 3:29 p.m. EDT October 3, 2002

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A controversial ban targeting thongs in Daytona Beach, Fla., is now law and violators could face fines and even jail time for wearing skimpy clothing on city streets, according to Local 6 News.

Todd Jurkowski Reports

City Commissioners voted 6-1 for a new law that requires people to cover one third of their buttocks and one quarter of a woman's breast, Local 6 News reported.

The ordinance does not apply to the beach, which is controlled by Volusia County. But people who wear thongs or G-strings are required to cover up on city streets and property.

"Daytona Beach has basically been the dumping ground for the county and for Central Florida," City Commissioner Darlene Yorden said. "People come here to break the law and we are not promoting lawlessness."

Opponents of the law said that it is unenforceable. Several speakers from Wednesday night's meeting also complained that the ordinance would result in large legal bills for the city.

"How do you put a price on moral standards that you want to represent," Daytona Beach Mayor Bud Asher said.

The new ordinance also affects local strip clubs. It prohibits dancers from being nude despite an ongoing legal battle about what dancers can and can't wear on stage, Local 6 News reported.

The ordinance takes effect immediately.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this

Old 02-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya, like that's going to go over really well during Bike week and biketoberfest...

Dumbass!

Daytona is Daytona...can't change it.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:51 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Gator
If they are run as last year the dry pits will be in the infield at Daytona Speedway. Then they sorta parade on trailers to the wet pits. Not certain where they will be this year.
If my memory serves me correctly, The races last about one half a day each day (Sat & Sun) to get in all the classes.
They also had tickets for pier and ontop the pier restaurant viewing.
We had great view from restaurant top of pier until Nick Carter and his crew stood right in front of us. Wasn't that bad, had boobies and tushies all over me due to about 200 Carter girlies pressing for a view and autograph.
Attached Thumbnails APBA Daytona Race-nick-c.jpg  
Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

gdfatha, so would yu reccomend watching from land or by boat?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:32 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Sorry..Gator,
I'm not qualified to answer that.

I hear it is a tad choppy on the water. I have never been out on the boat and didn't see too many spectator boats out there.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Banned

Definetly by land. There were very few boats out watching it. It's nasty to sit on anchor in that kind of water. The great thing is you don't even have to leave the Tiki Bar to watch. They were broacasting it on the radio at the beach bar where we were. It was the (choke) Fountain. We really had a great time there last year, probably the highlight of 2002 for us.

Front row seats!
Attached Thumbnails APBA Daytona Race-joe-deb-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: APBA Daytona Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.