Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boycott Ben and Jerry's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42162-boycott-ben-jerrys.html)

Fast Shafts 01-29-2003 01:35 PM

Many PBA (Police Benevolant Associations) and FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) have been boycotting Ben& Jerrys for years due to them financially backing a convicted murder in Philly Pa.

Shane 01-29-2003 01:45 PM

As was stated in another post, many of these same individuals earn BIG money from violent films. These are usually bleeding heart liberals that attempt to further their own agenda using the misfortunes of others.

Too Old, I respectfully take issue with your point about her voicing her opinion. I agree she has a right to do so. However, she is taking a stand against the land that has given her everything she has. She is not doing what is in the best interest of anyone other than attempting to increase her own popularity. It is akin to burning the flag in my eyes. If you want to be anti-american, move out the country and do not come back and bash all you want.

Neverfastenuf 01-29-2003 02:28 PM

Shane, send her to Iraq, let her exhibit the same disrespectful, uneduacted verbiage towards Saddam she does towards President Bush. How long will she be a factor in any equation then. Not long. Respect goes a long way. While we may not always agree, we should still show respect for our President and our Nation. In times like these, our Country needs it's citizens of all races, religions, beliefs to stand United. Like our Anthem says, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, not numerous displaced factions. With our heritage of strength and right, we will prevail. I am off my soapbox now.

Dredgeking 01-29-2003 02:29 PM

i'm in a bind. i love my country and i am EXTREMELY patriotic. unfortunately, since i reside in texas, the only good yankee ice cream i can get is ben and jerry's (and only in a few places)

so..... i don't know what to do.

Donzi38ZX 01-29-2003 02:38 PM

Originally posted by Dredgeking
i'm in a bind. i love my country and i am EXTREMELY patriotic. unfortunately, since i reside in texas, the only good yankee ice cream i can get is ben and jerry's (and only in a few places)

so..... i don't know what to do.

Buy an ice cream maker and get to work :D

X-Rated30 01-29-2003 02:51 PM

#1 -- It IS her right to make such statements, and anyone who tries to squelch her is doing this country a BIG disservice. Freedom of speech is the life blood of democracy. Boycotting Ben & Jerry's is your right, too. (I have boycotted them for the last 2 years, although I prefer to call it a diet.)

#2 -- Not everyone that loves this country thinks going to war in Iraq is appropriate at this point. I do not, and I am a registered Republican, and have always been.

#3 -- Catman: try the Blue Bell.;)

dockrocker 01-29-2003 03:09 PM

You can leave Ben and Jerry's a comment here: http://www.benandjerrys.com/ca/

Here's what I left them:

Ben & Jerry's gets a big THANK YOU! for making my grocery shopping easier. By sponsoring Susan Sarandon's recent commercial in support of Saddam Hussein, the mass-murderer dictator of Iraq, you've demonstrated the values of your company. I now can pass over the entire Ben & Jerry's section in the local supermarket, making it that much easier to do my shopping.

In fact, I think I'll speak to the management at our local store about removing your products completely. Thank you again!

FormulaFan 01-29-2003 04:40 PM

ben and jerrys

Wasn't Ben and Jerry's sold to a large Company? If so, too bad because the boycott won't hurt Ben and Jerry!

georges 01-29-2003 05:52 PM

That means those two commies (ben & jerry) are sitting around their New Hampshire (or wherever) farms, probably decked out in their tie dyed jogging suits, smoking some stuff, and just laughing their asses off, about how they "screwed the establishment". I hope susan saranwrap shows up at their place for a love in and gives them all the youknowwhat!:mad: :hothead:

mlitefan 01-29-2003 06:23 PM

What I want to know is why we even give the celeb crowd an audience?

They haven't lived in the real world for a long time and I could give a rats fart what their uninformed opinion is on these matters.

They need to stick to making movies instead of trying to extend their fantasy lives into my world.

There freaken actors for goodness sakes...no one cares what they think...at least they shouldn't...