If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapparral??

Gold Member Gold Member
    My friend was comparing it to the same size Sea Ray and went with the Chap all the way!

My Boats:
    1996 Fountain 29 Fever
    Houston, TX
    A former neighbor in NJ has a little one (~17 feet I think). Says he's really impressed with the quality.

liquid lounge
    Great boats have had 2 of them. Glencove Marine at Lake of the Ozarks is a dealer for Formula and Chaparral...they would be glad to discuss the diffrences between the two boats. Conceptually, the 280SS and ssi are about exact...quality wise the boats are closer than most people realize...but then the price has gotten much closer too. I think you will be real happy with your decision. The distinguising features of the Chap are: great upolstery, cockpit drainage, and integreted look.

Gold Member Gold Member liquid asset's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Wellcraft Gran Sport 3400
    Haslet, TX,USA
    My dad has had one for 8 years, awesome quality

My Boats:
    2004 26 Sonic Prowler
    Gurnee, IL
    Had a 196ssi w/ 5.0L efi before I bought my Baja. Boat was great. Ran 50mph, very well laid out, lots of storage, nice appointments. You'll enjoy it!

25 Eagle
    We had a 25 Sunesta 454/330 B3 that would run about 55. The fit and finish is good, and like someone else said the vinyl is very nice. It had some "bugs" at first, but they all got worked out. Enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12