If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapparral??

Question Chapparral??

Don,t throw rocks at me but, I have a friend who has a marina and sells Chaparral, and he gave us a really great deal on a 285 SSi the one with the 9.3 beam Like a Formula 280SS.

What do you guy,s think of the Quality of these boats?

I remember years ago they made a Villian , This is just a big hang out boat, anyone have one?

Chesapeake Bay
    This quote from Chaparral should say it all:

'Amongst our 22 awards we've earned eight Boat of the Year trophies and are the only company to hold the distinction of winning Powerboat's top prize an unprecedented three years in a row when our 285, 230 and 220 SSi models won back-to-back-to-back awards.'

Sounds like you made a great choice. I bet you can't wait for spring. You can see some of the Chaparral reviews on Powerboat's web-site.

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    A good friend of mine has the 28' bowrider - 280ssi, I think? He loves the boat, and can't say enough good about Chaparral. This boat makes either his 2nd or 3rd Chaparral now.
    I've driven this one, and I really like the boat myself. The twin 350 mags in his move it pretty well.

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Chap' makes a fine boat. You won't be dissapointed.

My Boats:
    1996 Baja 272
    Central Ohio
    gOOD BOAT!

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    My parents have a 235 and really enjoy it. It's been problem free. I think they build a good boat.

My Boats:
    '91 Carbon 70 Cafe, 3370 Pursuit
    Peoria, IL & FMB, FL

Thumbs up

From what I have seen, Chaparral makes a great boat. Their upholstery work is top notch. Good choice!

My Brother has been a Chaparral dealer for many years.... Great Company... Quality product....

Cape Coral, FL
    I've had both a Villain II and a Villain IV. Had the Villain IV for 10 years with no major problems.

VIP Member VIP Member dirtlawyer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27 Concept & 18 Nordic O/B
    Tampa, Florida

had a villain SLV (20') - great boat, outstanding construction and quality - good choice. too bad they stopped making the villain - fun little boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast