If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    I could easily jump on the hate Bose waggon, but come on you guys the guy just purchased all this stuff. Let him feel good about if gor a while will ya????

Put your best foot forward!

My EX got the Sleekcraft Platinum Member gdfatha's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'
    Apopka, Florida
    Originally posted by srobak
    When I was much younger and first getting into audio, I fell into the Bose trap.

Now - I did get stuck using some Bose pro gear during a dance marathon I DJed ages ago... and they didnt sound too bad...

Dance marathon??? Was that before or after the Benny Goodman era???

Sheesh someone may be as old as I am..
    marc (Offshore Paparazzo)

Senior Blue Hair~ I'm so old.. I remember
    "Preparation A"...

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336, HP500's
    Lake St. Clair
    Originally posted by Audiofn
    I could easily jump on the hate Bose waggon, but come on you guys the guy just purchased all this stuff. Let him feel good about if gor a while will ya????

Jon, I was thinking that if they were just bought, maybe he could check out some alternatives and possibly return the Bose. If I just bought something that a bunch of people knew was not that great, I'd rather they tell me when there's time to get out of it, instead of finding out later that they didn't want to say anything bad. No offense, just trying to help if I can...

My Boats:
    2000 Outerlimits
    Tampa, FL USA
    For those looking for mini speakers that offer very high performance, I suggest Gallo Acoustics. Feel free to visit for info and reviews. Surprisingly, they are better and less expensive than Bose and look far superior. For those looking for an even less expensive alternative, I offer Acoustic Research.

Feel free to call (813)882-8477 for advice or great deals on car, home or marine audio.

And I thought I was getting a ggod deal on a good system by buying an LS-50 for under 2k on ebay. Oh well, guess I should count my blessings that I'm 70% deaf in 1 ear

My Boats:
    97 41' Saber --Ancestral Spirit
    Kingsville----lake erie

no need to worry

About hurting my feelings, I should have known to get on here and ask first before purchasing Sometimes there's just not time to stop and think!
    Now Bill 272 you are right I could still take them back and trade in/up. Just to confirm what I've actually got here
    601's --fronts
    201's --- rear
    VCS10 --center channel
    Psw350-- 200watt Polk audio subwoofer--- this i cannot take back, was a floor model and got what I thought was a great deal--$225.
    I bought a pair of book shelf PSB's for my parents about 6 years ago, I must say, they are excellent sound.

Now I'm thinking that I should return the 601's, keep the rest and look into some of the others mentioned here.

Audiofn-- As much as I'm sure that system described above sounds absolutely awesome, I think I would put the 40G's towards a Top Gun
    Thanx for all the input, I just wish I was knowledgable about something so I could help you guys with something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12