Good Morning America - Boat Racing >

Good Morning America - Boat Racing

Notices

Good Morning America - Boat Racing

Old 01-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, if you watch the footage, they do start to turn. Admittedly it's really late in the game, but they were trying to turn. I think that somebody said that the boat wasn't set up for the turn so they jus went straight. Maybe it's the other way around. Sticks had the boat set up for the turn and Jason forgot what the round thing did.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

What would you expect from that stupid dumb ass ***** Baba Walters! OOPS, I just expressed my opinion about her!
Old 01-31-2003, 12:25 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Who was she discussing the incident with??

Does anyone have a clip they could post ??
Old 01-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Just sent this to ABC('A'lways 'B'een 'C'onfused)

Ms. Walters in her interview with Jason Priestly, misinformned the public, by not having an accurate portrayal or the available video,of the racing incident caused by Priestly's APBA.Race boat not turning into the corner(following the course)and 'causing the incident'.... the video is available at 'freezeframevideo.net' , I'm sure 'no-charge to ABC'if asked for, so they may have a better understanding of the event that was so badly presented/researched/misrepresented. I am under the belief that Ms. Walters credibility will suffer as a result of this to all performance boat fans, and racers alike. Please, in the future, 'DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Thank You, Bill Jolley in Michigan,(American Powerboat Racing Association) Member 'APBA'
Old 01-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Registered

jolley it was sbi do your homework. ha ha
Old 01-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Registered

OOPS !!!!!! WHO'S THE DUMN-ASS ?............... I AM !!!!!!!!!! Thanks I must have been having a 'MOMENT' OH GEEZ
Old 01-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Kent Perroux

I sent ABC a note also. Gave them Jeff's number at Freeze Frame and a link to the picture of Wood's boat with the side caved in.

Old 01-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Registered

we all have them,they just come more offen now. i saw the interview with barb. it was a preview of a interview with j.p. that i guess would be on 20/20. she drives with him. watch out david woods.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Default This is from their site for 20/20. It airs at 10:00 tonight

Charmed Life
Jason Priestley, the charming heartthrob who helped make 90210 one of America's hottest zip codes, had a horrifying brush with death on a Kentucky race track. The young man who dreamed of someday racing in the Indy 500 talks for the first time about the accident that shattered his body and nearly ended his life.
• Video: 'It Was Terrifying' BLA ,BLAH, BLAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!! 'GOOF BALLS' PICTURE.................
Attached Images  

Last edited by Jolley; 01-31-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Default Here Is What I Wrote to GMA

To Whom It May Concern,

I am extremely disappointed in the lack of journalistic integrity your show displayed with regard to the interview with Mr. Jason Priestly. Among the racing community and fan base alike, it has become common knowledge that the accident he had while racing a Supercat Offshore Race Boat, while on the SuperBoat International circuit was clearly Mr. Priestly's fault. In your commentary you noted that the "incident" was not his fault. I am sorry, but being a professional powerboat racer myself, and having nearly two decades of racing experience (offshore powerboats, snowmobiles, motorcycles etc.), I can say with certainty that the accident was definitely the fault of Mr. Priestly. It is agreed that in racing there are inherent risks, and with those risks come the danger of accidents. Sometimes these accidents are simply unavoidable. This was clearly not the case in this particular situation. If you contact Freeze Frame Video on Long Island, they have video footage that will clearly display the events as they unfolded. I certainly wish no ill will upon Mr. Priestly and his future endeavors, be them racing or otherwise, however, as journalists you have a TREMENDOUS responsibility to investigate and report the TRUTH, and as such it is my belief you have failed horribly in this matter.

If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Shane Mahieu

Quick Reply: Good Morning America - Boat Racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.