Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jessel VS Crane (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42326-jessel-vs-crane.html)

DaBeezer 01-31-2003 10:43 AM

Jessel VS Crane

Good Morning Folks,

I was hoping to get some opinions on rockers for my BBC nat. asp. 540, with full roller valvetrain.

I need to make a decision today on which rockers I am going to use on the dyno today.:cool:
I have a set of gold Crane's 1.70 that have been oil starved due to "our idiot mechanic out of St Louis":mad: :eek:
The needle bearings are making noise and I do not want anymore fu#&*&^ problems this year.:rolleyes:
FYI...make sure you check your dist height if Bruce did your engine!:crazy:

I have three options available:
1) Buy a new set of Crane Gold's
2) Send my gold's in to Crane for rebuild
3) Buy a set of Jessel SS Rockers (double $$ over Gold's)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone for your help and let's think spring!!:cool:

sgrady 01-31-2003 10:47 AM

Jessel are great if you can afford the $.

Ike 01-31-2003 11:08 AM

How about crowler steel roller rockers?

blown1500 01-31-2003 11:26 AM

I like the T&D rockers the best. They cost even more than the original Jesels. You might look at the new less expensive Jesels. They are not as well stabilized as the originals, but might work for you. For a set up with not too much valve lift, I have had great success with Crower and Comp Cams Stainless rockers with a stud girdle. I have seen many Cranes needing rebuild even without other problems.

SummerObsession 01-31-2003 11:33 AM

We ran exclusively (as all other teams did) Jesel in our 500" Pro Stock motors. Never had an issue with 9700 rpm in a big block! They make Quality stuff. Bearings are easily pressed in and out if you need new ones. I have the press and adapters if anyone needs new bearings.
Call Tom Martino, he's a great guy.

surfacetension 01-31-2003 12:16 PM

Jessel all the time, Crane is ok for a streetrod type deal, don,t cheap out on valvetrain stuff. We have been running Jessel in DIRT mod for over 9 years NO failures

liquidlocomotive 01-31-2003 02:11 PM

jessel really helps!

bobby daniels 01-31-2003 03:27 PM

JESSEL IS GREAT BUT ,BIG BUT ! COMP .AND CROWER ARE GOOD ENOUGH IF NOT OVER KILL !

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN KNOWN HURT GOLD CRANES WHICH AS SAID ABOVE ARE GOOD FOR LIMITED STREET ,
ORDER SOME COMP FROM SUMMIT OR JEGS SAT. DELIVERY ,,YOU'LL BE GLAD

26scarab 01-31-2003 05:08 PM

My opinion,
Nothing comes close to Jesel .
T & D comes second.
Yes they might be overkill, but it's one less thing you don't have to worry about. Plus who want's to mess with those stupid stud girdle things....

In a hobby as expensive as this , why cringe at another $1000 for rocker arms ? Well maybe $2000 if you have twins:D

US1 Fountain 01-31-2003 05:43 PM

Re: Jessel VS Crane

Originally posted by DaBeezer
Good Morning Folks,

I have a set of gold Crane's 1.70 that have been oil starved due to "our idiot mechanic out of St Louis":mad: :eek:
The needle bearings are making noise and I do not want anymore fu#&*&^ problems this year.:rolleyes:
FYI...make sure you check your dist height if Bruce did your engine!:crazy:

I

Damn, another customer. This is just unf$#%*in believable! :(

Should we take a poll? :rolleyes: