If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Taylor Powerboats

What do you think about Taylor Powerboats?? I am interested in one, 21 foot with a 454 in it with a merc outdrive, so it is not a jet boat. Just want some input on what people think about Taylors, since many people don't even know what they are!

My Boats:
    tropical Cleveland OH
    Just buy a top gun so you can come out and play in the sloppy stuff

Martin, you know I am a bay runner. That boat will hit close to 75, maybe faster with a Gary Box big block pushin it...noone will be able to touch me except for those damn lil' skaters.

My Boats:
    charlotte Mi
    A bunch of my friends and myself all owned Taylor's back in the late 70's thru the 80's most were jets one was a I/O never had ant hull problems and most were quite fast.....Fred

Charter Member #30 Charter Member Scott's Avatar
    My Boats:
    PQ 38 Avenger
    Gary Box

Wow that's name from the past please give me some more details on what he is up to.
    I grew up in North Olmsted he lived in Westlake we got into a lot of funny and fun stuff back then. Does he know how to build HP for boats or is he still into cars.
    Last edited by Scott; 02-01-2003 at 07:09 PM.
    I have Steps & Bubbles!

Platinum Member Platinum Member johnnyboatman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    a friend of mine has a 00 22 taylor, w a 468, lightning headers, bravo1, lots of other goodies. he bought the hull only and built it from ground up. if you need to ask him about it i will have him get a hold of you.

Gary currently owns a 67 Corvette that is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is 100% street legal and currently holds the fasted street outlaw record for a time or 8.08 at Norwalk. He is a buddy of my dad's and if I do get this Taylor we are thinking about having Gary build a motor for it. There are two websites that you should check which is his website and which is a movie that was shot downtown and should be out soon, but nothing like big screen or anything. His car and a old Camaro were featured in it. Respond when you get a chance..