Notices

OT: Entitlements....

Old 03-04-2003, 05:23 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Post OT: Entitlements....

A MUST READ by Rush Limbaugh,

I think the vast differences in compensation between the victims of the September 11th casualty, and those who die serving the country in uniform, are profound.

No one is really talking about it either because you just don't
criticize anything having to do with September 11th.

Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says
something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11th attack, you're
going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier
killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death
benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs.
If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you
remarry.
And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.
Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.
We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11th families are getting.
In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Folks, this is part and parcel of over fifty years of entitlement politics in this country.
It's just really sad.
"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion
but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."

-Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

Every time when a pay raise comes up for the military they
usually receive next to nothing of a raise.

Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their
families have to survive on food stamps and live in low rent housing.
However our own US Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month and most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7 you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed you in harms way receive a pension of $15,000 per month.
I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join
ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this ??"

If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
Attached Thumbnails OT: Entitlements....-eaglefl.gif  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-04-2003, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow,, Thanks Sharkey!! I didn't realize, those kind of Dollar Amounts, were being Paid Out!!! No wonder Insurance Rates, are moving upwards!!!!! The average Trucking Co.'s Premium, has increased 30 to 42 Percent, in the last Two Years!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, but in order for them to collect they give up their right to sue anybody. There were some other heavy restrictions too. I'm not sure, but they may have lost the insurance pay out too. Some people (the really wealthy) would actually be better off not collecting the benifit.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm so sick of watching it on TV:

"Waahh, waaaahh, my conceited stock-broker husband was minding his own business cold-calling old ladies with the latest hot stock tip when an airplane crashed thru the wall into him. The US government should give me money. The New York state government should give me money. The New York city government should give me money. The victims' fund should give me money. The owners of the building should give me money. The owners of the airplane should give me money..."

Excuse me, most of the normal citizens who worked in the buildings and who died there had the same personal obligation to plan for the care of their families in the event of their death as the rest of us. Granted, they died in a bizarre manner. AND it was not any fault of their own. BUT it was also not the fault of the building owners, the American public, and city government, or the state of New York. (I'm not intending to leave out any of the victims from the other two planes, it's just that it seems that the twin tower issue is heard more often).

People die every day in unexpected ways. Their surviving families are faced with the prospect of healing through their grief AND dealing with financial issues. Rarely does a family get a bag of cash dropped in their laps from an outside source unless it comes from some insurance or representative of the entity that CAUSED the death.

Any idiot with the gall to b!tch about not receiving enough money for the death of their 9/11 victim needs to bite my @ss. This was an act of terrorism. They should make sure that all insurance policies pay the face amount, then be thrilled beyond all reason if they see a penny more - cause they didn't do anything to DESERVE it.

Sickening.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I wonder what these guys would think?
Attached Thumbnails OT: Entitlements....-signing.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I don't understand is that if these people think they deserve a big chunk of money, then why not pressure the government to extract that money from the ones who truly CAUSED the deaths?
My idea is to go over, kick some butt, and confiscate eough resources (of any kind) to compensate those families that lost loved ones as well as pay our expenses for having to go over there and kick their butts!
If hussein is going to mess with us, we need to knock him and his cronies and crook partners (Al Queda in particular!) off and turn the oil valves on until the bill is paid!!
Just my slightly twisted .02!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:39 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i lost several friends in the WTC.

One of them was a friend of mine's father. Iknow that without themoney that cantor fitz organized forthe families my friend and his mom and brother would be in big trouble. His mother has MS and is slowly dying. With ever increasing medical bills and his little brother just startign college. Jon (my friend) is the only person who can make $ in his famiy. He just graduated college and the only job he coudl get pays him less than 30k before taxxes. They will most likely have to sell thier house and his mom won't be able to get the level of medical care she really needs.

That being said they are happy that cantor fitz is taking care of them. They are not *****ign and moaning that its not enough $. They are makign due with the death benfits they've recieved and trying to move on.

This country is a mess and issues with WTC victims $$$ are just the tip of the iceberg.

I can honestly say i feel more for the civilians that died in the WTC than the fireman and cops. The fireman and cops died doign thier jobs. They knew taht they could died from one of thier job hazards its just so happened a ton of them died on one day from a big hazard.

It take sballs to run into an burnign or hazardous biulding no question abotu taht. BUT they knew the risks when they went in thier. The stock brokers and gov't worked that were just going about thier business had no idea that they might die that morning.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Registered

Not to mention, for those reservists and military who have thought ahead like Troutly, ALL life insurance policies have an exclusion for acts of war. So if you have a career and have planned ahead yet joined the reserves to helpout with student loans etc. and now have been called out, your family may not be protected.

As for the congressional pay/retirement. It will never change. If your boss called you and all of his empoyees in and asked you to vote for a pay cut and lower retirement benefits, what would you do?

It's not much different with the frivolous lawsuits. We will probably never have any kind of tort reform as many of the law makers as well as the largest lobbying group are attorneys.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by SummerObsession
What I don't understand is that if these people think they deserve a big chunk of money, then why not pressure the government to extract that money from the ones who truly CAUSED the deaths?
My idea is to go over, kick some butt, and confiscate eough resources (of any kind) to compensate those families that lost loved ones as well as pay our expenses for having to go over there and kick their butts!
If hussein is going to mess with us, we need to knock him and his cronies and crook partners (Al Queda in particular!) off and turn the oil valves on until the bill is paid!!
Just my slightly twisted .02!
I like the part about turning on the oil for free until the bills are paid!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
I like the part about turning on the oil for free until the bills are paid!
and to further that concept. The enforcement of the UN's resolutions to Iraq to disarm shouldn't be costing a damn dime! It's called the spoils of war. The proceeds from the oil sales from the Iraqi fields should go to pay for the costs involved with the enforcement of the resolution as well as reconstruction costs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.