Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Universal Remotes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42409-ot-universal-remotes.html)

mpally 02-01-2003 04:00 PM

OT: Universal Remotes

I am looking to buy one remote to control everything in my room. I need a remote that will work on a Sony receiver, Sony dvd player, digital cable box, Emerson vcr, and Magnavox tv. Is there a remote that will completely eliminate all the other remotes? For example, one that I will be able to switch from dvd to radio on the receiver without using the receiver remote? I would rather not spend more than $60 - $70. Thanks.

olysan 02-01-2003 05:07 PM

Try the Home Theater Master SL-8000!

I use it to control my sytem which consists of a Mitsubishi TV, RCA DirecTv reciever, Toshiba DVD, Panasonic VCR, all wired through a Denon surround sound receiver. It gives me full control over all components. I tried numerous other inexpensive models and this is head and shoulders above the rest.

Regards
Mike

Andy Buzz 02-01-2003 10:58 PM

Do a search on a remote called the Harmony remote. I have a few brand new in stock and will make you a great deal if you would like one. It has many cool features.

Andy Buzz 02-02-2003 10:53 AM

The harmony has many cool features and I think is easier to use in the dark.

Scott 02-02-2003 11:08 AM

Harmony Web Site

mpally 02-04-2003 09:43 PM

Anyone else have any ideas. I have tried a few and have had nothing but problems. Not enough memory, one remote constantly resets itself, etc. Anyone know of a decent remote that will work for mt situation that is reasonably priced? I am beginning to think having 5 remotes is not so bad. Thanks.

Audiofn 02-04-2003 10:35 PM

In your price range go with the Theater Master.

If you can spend more then go with the Pronto. Not sure why Troutly does not like them but I have had GREAT luck with them back when I was doing systems in that price range.

If you want the best go with Crestron. They are THE BEST but also the MOST money

Check out www.remotecentral.com You can get LOTS of info there.

Jon

Audiofn 02-05-2003 07:40 AM

Uhhhh Uhhhhh Bevis he said Hard Button :D:D

Troutly the nice thing about the Pronto is that you do not have to have buttons on there that you do not need. This allows your better half to not get confused by a million useless buttons.

Jon

Audiofn 02-05-2003 09:51 AM

OOOHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAA :D:D

SmilingBob 02-05-2003 11:16 AM

Audio or anyone else,
I am just guessing but I think that you are in the business, I have the Kenwood Sovering(sp) and I like the feature in which the receiver talks back to the remote, but the one that came with the receiver I got is the smaller of the 2. I was wonder if youknew if any of the other Kenwood universals would work with the Sovering(sp) receiver or if I have to go with the one that would have come with the top of the line receiver. Also would you know where I could find the best price and information on these remotes?