Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just a Rub..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42439-just-rub.html)

GLH 02-03-2003 08:39 AM

Wardley,
Don't take this personally I guess it's just the frustrations and my frozen brain talking but, ESAD.

Tim G. 02-03-2003 08:40 AM

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Yep, we went out too.
It was in the middle 70s on both days.
Ran 50+ in the ocean from Boca to Port Everglades. Saw 10 foot rogue waves in the inlet caused by 15 mph motoryachts.
It was a bit rougher coming back- spent most of the time in the air!
It was beautiful, but I managed to pick up some water in the gas... I hope.

She ran good for an hour, then the starboard engine developed a wavy idle at 1000 rpm in the no wake zones.
Then I went to flush the motors when we were back on the trailer and the port engine wouldn't run. It would fire, cough and die. It also made loud intake noise.. I have to assume this is fuel.
I'll change the filters on the motors today and hook 'er back on the hose for a run. Sounds loke bad gas right??

Saw that Boat Pix copter again too...

Dean Ferry 02-03-2003 08:44 AM

Wardey,
We went out, (2/2/03) and boated for about 3-4 hours. Went to Dockside and had lunch and then back home.
The weather was AWESOME! The new Manatee zones sucked!
MD

ChrisK 02-03-2003 11:32 AM

Ahh yes... I was out yesterday on the lake with a friend of mine in his scarab....THAT was interesting.. We went up to the lake im Mt Dora for those that know where it is... It was almost like taking a shotgun to a knife fight... People where freaking out seeing a 33' scarab on the lake... And then ideling through the SMALL canal to the other lake... Well, lets just say we didnt make many friends..

GLH 02-03-2003 12:14 PM

You have to realize what torture you guys are putting us thru up north. However I did go out on Lake Champlain yesterday at our usuall boat ramp, took the old Audi out to our favorite spot on Mallets Bay, the nice thing about being on the lake in February here is that the only way you hit bottom is if you have a chainsaw and a lot of gas. Man those cars spin when you jam on the parking brake going bakwards at 20 MPH while turning the steering wheel. I'm still dizzy :drool: :drool: :drool: :crazy:

Wardey 02-03-2003 12:40 PM

Hey GLH, But we don't have skiing tho....or I should say snow skiing atleast.....:D :D :D

ChrisK - I know those chain of lakes you are talking about. The last lake is at Cypres Gardens ? We took a 25' Checkmate through there and it was tight in some places. Was a couple of good boat bars tho. Wardey

ChrisK 02-03-2003 01:29 PM

No not down by cypress... farther north...in lake county. Almost near lake george...

Risk Taker 02-03-2003 01:35 PM

Hey Wardey !!!

1 Attachment(s)
From us Northern Folk............:D ;)

CigDaze 02-03-2003 01:51 PM

Yep, it was a beautiful day on the water yesterday. :p :D

Risk Taker 02-03-2003 02:39 PM

Hey Daze...................see Post #23..............:D ;)