Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Donzi What,s going on????? >

Donzi What,s going on?????

Notices

Donzi What,s going on?????

Old 02-03-2003, 09:31 AM
surfacetension

Question Donzi What,s going on?????

Sometimes I vist the Classic Donzi website to look for used Donzi,s and I used to go to the "ASK Donzi" section. The last time I visted it was full of complaints about different Quality issues and the lack of support. Today I went to the site and the "ASK DONZI" section is gone without a trace

We are going to the Atlantic City boat show to check out Donzi,s
Prices on new and used Donzi,s are up there with Boats such as Formula ( Who has unquestioned quality and support)
What,s up with Donzi?????? Are they in trouble? I don,t want to start a war, just can,t help but notice

Old 02-03-2003, 09:36 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ther was a thread that explained it a bit...but not much detail. Not sure if that thread was deleted or not. I think the section did not get the response from Donzi as anticipated and led to more mudslinging than anything else. It was a touchy subject with the Harbormaster... Frank Civitano may have some input, he participates with that site and is respected there.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Registered

Yeah, pretty much what jb said. The responses did not come in a timely manner and there. There was some concern with alot of bashing the resale values could diminish. They did set up a forum on what to look for when purchasing a Donzi. I haven't really checked that one out yet.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:42 PM
surfacetension

Seems like the whole Classic Donzi site ,s whole purpose is to keep the already overpriced Donzi,s selling at outrageous prices, The whole thing kinda stinks of censorship, If the product and service is good then you pay a higher price , but it seems like they are riding on the good ole days, and today is a whole different story. But I guess if you own one you do what you gotta do. I can,t see paying a premium for and old reputation

Old 02-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Registered

Surface Tension..

I do agree that it does smack of censorship, however, even the admins of this site have deleted certain threads. He who owns the site makes the rules... its the way it is!

That being said, I personally know Scot (Admin of Donzi.net) and he is a VERY fair person. The reason that section was deleted is because it was used as a ***** session. It was also used as leverage to put the factory in a no-win situation when it comes to warranty work, defects, etc.

If you think Donzi's are overpriced, then don't buy one. They consistently hold thier value better than most other performance boats. This makes thier total cost of ownership alot lower. The value of a used or new Donzi is set by the people who buy them, just like every other boat. A website has nothing to do with boat values. This website in particular is a great place to find out all sorts of info on Donzi's both new and old.

Donzi Marine builds one of the best boats out there. I do think they need to work on the customer service/warranty side of the business. If you want to know about a Donzi, what to look for, whats a good price, where one might be found, just ask! There is no need to bash anyone's website, especially when YOU don't have all of the facts!

Woodsy
Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Registered

Hey surface Tension,

The Donzi Registry IS NOT EVEN DONZI'S WEBSITE!

Nothing tickles me more than to read someone's long ramblings when they have no idea what is going on.

I deleted not the thread but the "Ask Donzi Marine" entire forum. I was hoping that it would provide a vehicle for Donzi owners to communicate with Donzi Marine in an open forum. In a perfect world this would have worked.

It DID NOT work for two reasons:

1) Donzi did not provide answers to members' queries.

2)There was a class of people who were voicing their uninformed opinions and turning it into a mob scene. THEY WERE NOT EVEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DONZI MARINE!
The entire forum served no constructive purpose.

Until you have operated a forum like Offshore only or The Donzi Registry on a daily basis, then perhaps you should reserve judgement.

Thankyou For your consideration
Scot VanAlstine
The Donzi Registry
www.donzi.net

Last edited by harbormaster; 02-04-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:38 AM
surfacetension

"A class of people"

Old 02-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

Great reply Scot. I really enjoy your site!
Old 02-05-2003, 12:05 PM
surfacetension

So, What you guy,s ( Who by the way own Donzi,s ) Are saying is that "A Class of People" Who Don,t own or are not having problems with Donzi,s Just decieded to go onto the Donzi website and turn it into A mob scene???? HUMMMMM The only things I read before they were deleted were people having isuues with thier Boats and not being able to get satisfaction on anything from Blistering to Cracking, or paint quality---- but if you say they did not have a pronblem with Donzi,s then I must be reading it wrong.
While we have been Fans of Donzi for years, there seem to be no shortage of people who want to complain, this is just based on the 7 PM,s I have recieved about issues with Donzi quality. Yes they do have high resale values , I just question if this is more Hype thatn substance. Scott I enjoy your site also and in fact I have one of your very cool tee shirts. I just think that there SHOULD be a place where All sides can be heard, not just from people who are concerned about thier resale value, former owners can be a great source of info for people . I know a lot of people perceptions are not reality, but there should be a freedom to express it. I will be at The Atlantic city boat show and will make it a point to check the donzi booth. Safe boating to all

Old 02-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally posted by surfacetension
I just think that there SHOULD be a place where All sides can be heard
Surfacetension, I agree with you, but the problem was, ALL sides weren't being heard from. If , for whatever reason, the factory couldn't respond, all you were reading was one side of the story. Unless there is full disclosure you'll never get the whole story.

Quick Reply: Donzi What,s going on?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.