Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/42544-ot-finally-got-honda-back-road.html)

Waterfoul 02-03-2003 04:08 PM

OT: Finally!!! Got the Honda back on the road!!!

As many of you know, I am the (proud?) owner of a 1987 Honda Accord hatchback. It's my beater car. Well, the exhaust fell off it in April. All of it!!!! From the manifold back. What a mess. And damn expensive!!! But with gas prices on the rise and O.T. at work dwindling, I really needed to get it back on the road at 28 mpg vs. the 11 my truck gets. Charged the battery overnight, put it in last Friday and it started on the first turn of the key. After sitting since April!!!!! And, thanks to a couple of good ole boys at a muffler shop that shall not be named, I now have exhaust (minus the cat. converter!!). Only set me back $176. Other shops wanted up to $500 to fix it.

Only issue now is the power steering cooler tube has a leak and will run a quart of fluid out in just a few miles. I took the belt off the pump and will be wrestling it until I figure out what to do about it. Tried some JB Weld, but it still leaks. Any suggestions? The leak is about center of the car, right where a support is welded to the tube, rusted thru I guess.

Anyway, at one time my Honda was the unofficial OSO Pimp Ride. And traviss kept threatening to come over an lower it for me. Where you at punk????

HyperBaja 02-03-2003 04:18 PM

Oh comeon, I coulda hooked you up with a Tanabe race medallion exhaust CHEAP;)

Waterfoul 02-03-2003 06:16 PM

dude, I can't stand the sound of those damn exhausts.

25 Eagle 02-03-2003 06:43 PM

Wish I could get my Honda running. It's a '86 Spree 50cc that's giving me fits. I use it as my lake put-put but she has been mad at me for some reason. I know it's in the carb, and I just can't seem to get the screws to the right settings. Anyone know of a good web site for this monster?

Waterfoul 02-03-2003 06:53 PM

Man, I used to have a Honda Hobbit. Same engine as your spree, but with a smaller carb and more restrictive exhaust. Rode it for several summers, including to and from drivers training!!! What a riot. Had it in the basement at my parents for many years. Sold it not all that long ago.

HyperBaja 02-03-2003 06:57 PM

That fart noise is the sound of power. A kid at my school told me that... he has a civic that is a race car, but it is an automatic?? lol

He also said he wont get a carbon fiber drive shaft because it will rust?
first off carbon fiber wont rust, second, civic is front wheel drive!!!!

Waterfoul 02-03-2003 07:02 PM

Exactly my point young apprentice!!! Punks with foriegn cars that sound "cool" are really in denial about anything that might be an actual "race" car.

Automatic? Rusting carbon fiber? And it would be shafts, not shaft. Front drive cars have two half shafts. Idiot kids!!!!

Big blocks rule, and always will!!! Oh, and a good chevy 350 aint bad either!!!!

Mike

HyperBaja 02-03-2003 07:14 PM

I know, these kids are dumb as crap!!!! rode in a civic hatch back, the kid said his blue lights added horsepower and that he had ram air!!!!!!! Ill be nice and well call it a 8.9 sec (instead of 9) 0-60 time.

cig1988 02-03-2003 07:44 PM

I always thought when 'em punks had the baseball caps on side-ways it would mean less coefficient drag. By having the driver sit half way into the passenger seat means this would amount to much better weight distribution..... YES/NO ???

HyperBaja 02-03-2003 08:01 PM

I dont think it matters, no matter what itll still be slow!!!!

Wally sent me this:

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html