Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal >

Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal

Notices

Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal

Old 02-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal

Hey guys, I am thinking of putting down some rubber flooring from either Pirelli or Lonseal. I of course did a search on this topic before bringing it back up for discussion. I found quite a bit of info from other OSO'ers but very, very few pics of your rubber floors. Please, if anyone has some pics of their rubber flooring please post!! I am really trying to find a vibrant shade of blue color, but any photo of any color will help!! Or if you know of another company that sells rubber flooring in a vibrant blue color.

Thanks, Spencer
Old 02-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Registered

Too Old, weren't you going to install some flooring as well?? Thought I remember reading that..........
Old 02-03-2003, 08:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

White-Diamonds...Fred is right, I did a lot of research on this before I installed in my boat. It was important to me to look at all options because I was installing it in a boat that was barely a year old. I felt the Lonseal was best for my application because the coins have a distressed surface to them that would aid in the non-slip factor. It was also the most pleasing to my eye. I don't know if they have your color of choice, but I remember their selection was pretty good, and they'll send samples. I used the Loncoin II.

http://www.lonseal.com/loncoin2.html

Here is a link to the installation in my boat. If you have any other questions regarding the product or installation, let me know. BTW...after a season on the flooring, I am satisfied I made the right choice. Steve

http://community.webshots.com/user/inders

Oh...one other thing, watch the darker colors in the sun, might get a little hot.

Last edited by Indy; 02-03-2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:38 PM
Registered

Thanks Indy, was the flooring hard to cut? Did the supplier offer the two part epoxy, or did you find that elsewhere? I really like the same pattern (Loncoin II) as you have, it is just the blue shade looks quite dull or extremely dark, no happy medium on their website. I guess the best thing to do next is just to order a sample huh.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

A utility knife with a new blade will cut it just fine. I also used a roto-zip in some areas. The two-part epoxy was supplied by Lonseal and was great to work with. The flooring has some depth to it when you see it, but in the end, they might not have the hue you are looking for. I seem to recall more colors than is on the site, but a phone call will take care of that. I think the contact there is Carol McMaster if my memory serves me correctly, but it's not what it used to be
Old 02-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered

Thanks for your help Indy. I have found the perfect color, as far as what I can tell from the website from Activa (Pirelli) Flooring, but they only show the flooring coming in tile form 19" x 19". I don't think that is the way I want to go. It does not say that you can order it in sheets like Lonseal. I will call both manufactures tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

What's this stuff cost?

Boat-sized order:
Garage-sized order:

(assuming a price break for a big job..I)
Old 02-03-2003, 10:02 PM
wilerty

It came standard on my Velocity, I like the gray color, and it cleans very easily.
Attached Thumbnails Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal-vcockpitvga.jpg  

Old 02-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Banned

Forum member Johno just put some in this week. Send him a message, I'm sure he has some helpful hints about buying it and installing it.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Registered

That's nice flooring. I was thinking about doing a non skid in my Donzi. That is a whole lot more attractive than what I was considering.

Quick Reply: Rubber Flooring Pics??? - Pirelli - Lonseal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.